How to use Spell Check in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
1. Click the Review tab and the Spell Check drop-down button, choose Spell Check.
2. If there are errors in the content of our document, the Spell Checkwindow will pop up. Then, we will see the misspelled words.
3. Select the correct word in the Suggestions area, and click the Change button. In this way, we can correct this word.
4. Or we can click theChange Allbutton to correct the misspelling of all these words in Excel.
1. Click the Ignore Once button, then we can ignore this wrong word.
2. Or click the Ignore All button, then we can ignore all spelling mistakes of this word.
1. Click the Delete button, then we can quickly delete this misspelled word in the table.
· Add to Dictionary
If the spelled word is not in the dictionary, we can click the Add to Dictionary button. Then, we can add the corresponding word to the dictionary. In this way, If we encounter this word again, we will not get an error message.
· Set Language
1. Go to the Review tab, click the Spell Check drop-down button, and choose Set Language.
2. In the pop-up Set Spell Check Language dialog, we can choose other languages being proofread according to the language in Excel.
· Custom Dictionary
1. Click the Menu drop-down list, and click Options.
2. In the pop-up dialog, click Spell Check.
3. We can check options such as Always suggest corrections, Ignore words in uppercase, Ignore words with numbers in the Spell Check area.
4. In the Custom Dictionary area, we can set the dictionary to check words in Excel.
To be office excel advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Spreadsheet online in WPS Academy.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula