How to use subtotal in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Subtotal is one of the functions which can be used to find the sum of a range of cells. This function is useful when you need to calculate a total of a range of numbers. This function can be used to add, subtract, multiply or divide a value. In this tutorial we will see How to use subtotal in excel function in WPS office word.
In this lesson, we are going to go through a real-world example of how to use the subtotal function in Excel that was created with WPS Office Word. Excel's subtotal function is actually a little more involved behind the scenes than it seems like it would be at first appearance. Calculating the totals on a spreadsheet is not the only challenge involved in this process. Continue reading this article if you are interested in learning the specifics of how to use the subtotal function in Excel.
There are many people who don’t know how to use subtotal in excel function. This is because there is no ‘subtotal’ function in WPS Office.
How to use subtotal in excel?
Before we can use the subtotal feature, the table needs some minor adjustments made to it. Because when we use the subtotal function, we need to alter the fields; otherwise, the outcome of the subtotal might not be consistent with the effect that was anticipated.
1. Open the datasheet you want to add subtotal.
2. Once you click the sort option you will have three options arrange the data according to your choice.
Now I have a refund list that contains a significant quantity of information. Let's say we want to summaries the expense detail data and arrange the data according to the field that represents the type of expense that was incurred. The first thing that must be done is to launch Excel and then access the associated worksheet. You will find that the data are already sorted out in the appropriate order. We are able to view the specifics of each charge. Having said that, our goal is to summarize the data. Utilizing subtotals is the most effective method for accomplishing this goal.
How to use subtotal in excel?
1. Click on the Data tab then a sort name button will come on front, then you have to click on it.
2. When you click on the sort button then you will see three options and you have to select the top one option I mentioned in this image. You can follow these images.
3. After completing this process you can easily select columns with the help of a mouse arrow. Now add subtotal to the data.
This article provides a comprehensive and step-by-step description of How to use subtotal in excel to compute the solution to a problem in order to get the desired result.
If you would want additional information regarding the WPS office, please refer to the webpage for the WPS Academy. You can also edit documents that are saved in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or PDF format by downloading WPS Office from this website. WPS Office is available as a free download.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences