How to wrap up text in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If the text is too long to fit inside its cell, it will automatically adjust to appear on multiple lines within the cell. The records in the cell will no longer change and no newline characters could be inserted. It will most effectively seem formatted on a couple of lines. An everyday Excel sheet incorporates cells 8.43 in width and 15 in height. It is commonly about sixty-four pixels wide and 20 pixels high. If your text information is long, you may increase the cell width to fit the length of the fact. A higher alternative is probably to wrap the text to boom the row peak so that the records fit in the cell instead!
In this article, you’ll learn 3 ways to wrap your text data to fit it inside the cell.
How to wrap text in Excel automatically?
To force a long text string to seem on more than one step, select the cell(s) you need to layout and enable Excel's text wrapping by using one of the following methods.
1. Go to the Home tab > and click the Wrap Text button.
2. Press Ctrl + 1 to open the Format Cells dialog (or right-click the selected cells and then click Format Cells…), switch to the Alignment tab, select the Wrap Text checkbox, and click OK.
Compared to the first technique, this takes a few greater clicks, but it could save time if you need to make several cellular formatting adjustments right now, text wrapping is certainly one of them. Results. Whichever technique you use, the facts within the decided-on cells will modify to the column width. If you convert the column width, the text line will automatically modify. The following screenshot shows one viable outcome:
Excel wrap text not working
A normally used feature in Excel, Warp Text has been designed to be as simple as viable and you should have almost no hassle using it in your spreadsheets If textual content wrapping does not work as anticipated, see the subsequent troubleshooting pointers.
1. Merged cells.
Word wrapping in Excel doesn't work for merged cells so you'll have to determine which function is more essential for a particular worksheet. If you preserve the merged cells intact, you could view the overall textual content by way of increasing the column(s). If you pick out Wrap Text, then ungroup the cells by way of clicking the Merge & Center button on the Home tab.
Horizontal alignment is set to Fill
Sometimes, people want to prevent text from spilling over into the next cells. This can be done by using horizontal alignment. If the subsequent you permit the Wrap Text feature for such cells, nothing will change - the text will nevertheless be truncated on the cell boundary. Remove the Fill alignment to solve this problem:
1. Right-click on the cell and select Format cell from the options. Or press Ctrl + 1 to open the Format Cells dialog box.
2. On the Alignment tab of the Format Cells dialog box, set General for Horizontal alignment, and click OK.
Did you learn about how to wrap text in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides. You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an enjoyable and easy working experience.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences