Insert check mark in Word
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Check marks or check mark symbols are used in Word documents to indicate that a point has been reviewed and confirmed. They can also display or indicate important points more attractively. Insert check mark in Word is simple, and there are different methods you can use to insert them in your respective documents.
Below you will know the three most popular methods to insert check mark in Word or check mark symbols.
How to insert check mark in Word for Windows?
To learn how to insert check mark in Word, you must follow the following steps:
1. Open the Word document and double-click the document to insert a check mark.
2. Next, click on the Insert tab and look for the Symbol group.
3. Click on Symbol and More Symbol.
4. Select the font Wingdings, and you should go to the last row of symbols in the list.
5. Select the check mark and click Insert. Close the sale to continue creating your document.
How to insert check mark in Word for Mac?
If you have a Mac computer and you want to learn how to insert check mark in word mac, you must follow these steps:
1. Open the Word document on your Mac and go to the Home tab.
2. Select the Wingdings 2 font and place your cursor where you want to insert the checkmark. You will need to hold down the Shift + P keys to insert the desired check mark or check symbol. Upon completion, you will have completed the steps to insert check mark in Word on your Mac computer.
How to insert check mark in Word using an Alt keyboard shortcut?
Do you want to know how to insert check mark in word character code? Another method used is an Alt keyboard shortcut, a simple process that will not take much time.
You can press the Alt key with numbers on the number pad to insert check mark symbols. If you want to use this option, follow these steps:
1. To insert check mark in Word, place the cursor where you want to place the check mark.
2. On the number pad, press Alt + 0252 or Alt + 0254. If you notice that the sequence is not working, you should press NumLock. This way, Word will insert a different character.
3. You will need to select the desired character and click on the Home tab on the ribbon. Then you need to select Wingdings in the Font dropdown menu.
4. If you want to create clickable checkboxes, you can create a Word form using controllers.
Do you already know how to insert check mark in Word? With any of the above methods, you will be able to insert a check mark symbol in any Word document correctly.
If you want to know and learn about all Word's features, you can choose WPS Academy. You will also have the opportunity to download the WPS Office software that will allow you to create and process PowerPoint, Word, and Excel documents for free. WPS Office is the official partner of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
Was this helpful?