Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
Insert check mark in Word
In Microsoft Word, the check mark is the symbol inserted in the document to indicate that the item has been completed. It also indicates the approval and agreement of the statement. Many users do not know how to insert the check marks in Microsoft.
And they ask the question about inserting the check marks in Microsoft Word. This question answers that you can use the symbol feature, wingdings font, and the keyboard shortcut for inserting the check mark in the Word document.
How to Insert Check Mark in Word on Windows
Check mark symbols indicate that the point has been reviewed and confirmed. You can easily insert the check marks in the Word and use a different type of method for inserting the check mark in the Word document.
Insert Check Marks as Bullets
If you want to learn about the insertion of the checkmark in Word for Windows, you must follow the following steps:
1. Open the document in Word, and double-click the document to insert the check mark.
2. Next, click on the Insert tab and search for the Symbols groups.
3. In the next step, click on the Symbol and More Symbols.
4. In the first step, you need to select the Wingdings fonts and go for the last row of the symbols of the lists.
5. In the final step, select the Checkmark and click on the Insert.
Add and Use a Custom Word Keyboard Shortcut
You can customize the keyboard shortcut by assigning them to a command, font, macro, style, or frequently used symbol. You can assign the keyboard shortcut by both the mouse and the keyboard.
Use a mouse to assign the keyboard shortcut
If you want to assign the keyboard shortcut, you have to follow the following steps:
1. First, go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon.
2. In the second step, you must go to the bottom to Customize the Ribbon and keyboard shortcuts pane and select Customize.
3. In the third step, you must go to the Save Changes in a Box and select the current document or template you want to save the keyboard shortcut changes.
4. In the fourth step, from the Categories box, you can select the command or the items you want to assign the keyboard shortcut.
5. Similarly, in the fifth step, you must select the Command from the command box where you want to assign the shortcut keyboard.
6. In the sixth step, you have to Assign the keyboard shortcut. For this purpose, you must see whether the already shortcut keys are assigned. You must place the new keyboard shortcut keys if the keys are assigned. Then select the assignment.
Add and Use an Autocorrect Shortcut
If you want to insert the check mark automatically, you can do it using the autocorrect option.
To set up an AutoCorrect entry for a check mark, you have to follow the below steps:
1. In the first step, you have to open the Word document and position the cursor in a Word document.
2. In the second step, you need to click the Insert tab.
3. In the third step, you need to go to the Symbol groups, click on the Symbol, and then click on the More Symbols.
4. The fourth step is to select Wingdings from the Font drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can select another font, such as Wingdings 2 or Segoe UI Symbol.
5. In the next step, please scroll through the list of symbols until you find the Check Mark symbol you want to use and click it.
6. In the next step, you need to click AutoCorrect. A dialog box appears.
7. Enter the entry's name (cm1) in the Replace box.
8. In the final step, click Add, Ok, and Close.
Use an Alt Code Shortcut by Pressing Alt and Then Entering a Number Sequence
If you want to know how to insert the checkmark in word character code, you can use the alt keyboard shortcut, a simple process. If you want to use that option for inserting the check mark, you need to follow the given steps:
1. In the first step, you have to place the cursor in the Word document where you want to place the check mark in your document.
2.In the second step, go to the number pad and press Alt + 0252 or Alt + 0254. During that work, if you notice that the process is not working, you need to press the nums lock, and then the Word will give a different character.
3. The third step is to go to the Insert tab and the Symbols and More Symbols. Afterward, you must select the Wingdings from the font drop-down menu.
How to Insert Check Mark in Word on Mac
Using the Character Viewer to Insert a Checkmark
You can also insert the check mark using the character map in your Word document. If you want to insert the check mark, you need to follow the given below steps:
1. In the first step, you must open the Word document where you want to insert the check mark.
2. In the second step, you have to click on the Insert tab and then click on the Symbol options.
3. Then, it would be best to go to the Font selector to select the Character you want to insert in your document.
4. Then you have to click the Insert button.
Using the Symbol Dialog Box to Insert a Checkmark
You can insert the symbols in Microsoft Word through the inbuilt utility. For this type of insertion, you have to follow some given steps, which are discussed below:
The first step is to open the document where you want to add the check mark.
The second step is to go to the Insert tab and click on the Symbols.
3. You can change the font by going to the Font selector and clicking on the Symbol you want to insert on your document. And finally, you have to click the Insert button to insert the symbol.
Creating a Custom Shortcut to Insert Check Mark
If you want to insert the check mark through the Use of the custom shortcut on your Mac, you have to follow three simple steps, which are given below:
Press "Command + Control + Space" in the first step to open the keyboard.
In the second step, you must use the Search box to write the checkmark.
In the final step, double-click on the Symbol to insert it into your document.
WPS Office: Free Alternative to Microsoft Office
The WPS Office is considered the best alternative for inserting the check mark in the document. There are many Advantages of inserting check marks in WPS Office, which are given below:
1. Streamlined Insertion Process
The first advantage of using the WPS Office to insert the check marks in the document is the streamlined insertion process. The WPS Office simplifies inserting check marks in the Word document. The interface of the WPS Office is not so complex, and the users can find the symbols insertion features effortlessly.
Similarly, the second major advantage of WPS Office over Microsoft Office is customizability. When you use the WPS Office to insert the check mark, you will be allowed by the WPS Office to customize the style and size according to your needs.
You can also choose different symbol styles, colors, and sizes to match the overall style of your document.
3. Cross-Platform Compatibility
Likewise, you should know that the WPS is a cross-platform office software that supports multiple operating systems such as macOS, windows, and Linux. When you have inserted the check mark in the Word document, you can easily edit the document on different platforms.
It also ensures that the visual effect of the symbol will not change at the time of the edition.
When you have inserted the checkmark in your Word document, you can also edit the checkmark because WPS Office gives you the option of editability to its users. You can adjust, modify, or delete it according to your requirement.
The flexibility of WPS Office allows you to change or adjust the check mark according to your document's needs.
Different Types of Check Marks
You can use many different types of marks. The list of the check marks and detail are given below:
1. White Heavy Check Mark
A heavy white check is the check mark that displays the white appearance. On many platforms, they are in rectangles and circles of bright green.
2. Check Mark
The next type is the check mark, which indicates that the document or items have been corrected and approved for further procedure.
3. Heavy Check Mark
A heavy check mark is displayed on some platforms in the handwritten style. And it is displayed in the color of the black. It is used in the list to verify the statement or the facts.
4. Light Check Mark
Most platforms display a light checkmark in the black and white glyph color. You can use it in the list to verify the statement and facts.
5. Not Check Mark
Not check marks used as a symbol and icon on your website. It is available in different styles, colors, and fonts.
6. Ballot Box with Check
The ballot box with the check represents the tick inside the box. When you tick the box, you select one option out of many.
7. Ballot Box with Bold Check
The symbol of the ballot box with the bold check is included in the ballot symbols. It is a sub-block of miscellaneous symbols and pictographs. It is displayed by checking the bold tick inside the box.
8. Aegean Check Mark
The Aegean check mark belongs to the block aegean numbers in the supplementary multilingual plane. It is another type of punctuation used in no specific script.
Q. Can I Insert a Checkmark in Word Using a Picture or Image?
You can insert the check mark in Word using the picture or the image. If you want to use the picture as the check mark, you need to follow the following steps which are given below:
1. The first step is to click where you want to place the check mark.
2. In the second step, you must go to the Insert option and click on Online Pictures.
3. In the next step, you have to type the Check mark.
4. Then you have to select the image and then click on the Insert.
Q. How Do I Change the Font of a Checkmark in Word?
You can change the font size of the check mark in the Word document. To change the font size, you have to follow the given below steps:
1. In the first step, you must place the cursor where you want to add the check mark.
2. In the second step, go to the Insert tab and click on the Symbol option.
3. The third step is to select the Symbol you want to add to your document.
4. The fourth step is picking the Font you want to insert in your Word document. You have to choose it from the Font selector.
5. In the final step, you have to insert the check mark and then close the tab.
Q. How Can I Remove Check Marks from a Document in Word?
If you want to remove the check box in the Word document, highlight the line where you want to remove the check mark. Similarly, if you want to remove the multiple checkboxes, you have to highlight all lines where you want to remove them.
To remove the check mark, click on the arrow on the right side of the bullet button. You must select the "None" option from the next window. This way, the check mark will be removed from your Word document, and you can proceed with your document.
Q. How Can I Change the Size and Color of Check Marks?
Yes, you can change the color and size of the check marks in your Word document. To change the color and size, you have to follow the given steps:
1. In the first step, you have to click on the Developer tab. You can add the developer tab if you do not have the developer tab.
2. In the second step, you must select the check box in your document.
3. Then, on the developer tab, you must select the Properties tab.
4. In the fourth step, change the check box's size, color, or border style, select the Use a style to format text typed into the empty control box, then click New Style.
5. In this tab, you can change the font size under the formatting. And you can also change the color of the box after clicking on the color list to select the color. And then select ok to change the box according to your requirement.
Insert the Check Mark with WPS Office
We hope you learned about inserting the checkmark in your Word document in this blog. Using different methods, you also learned how to insert the check mark on your window and Mac.
Suppose you face difficulty inserting the checkmark in your Microsoft Office. In that case, the WPS Office is the best option for you. You can get many advantages from using the WPS Office for inserting the checkmark in your Word document. For instance, the WPS Office ensures a streamlined process for inserting the check mark.
You will have the option of customizability using the WPS Office. Similarly, you will have the option to edit and change the check mark. Choosing WPS Office to get the best option for inserting the checkmark in your document would be best.