Methods of excel unsaved file recovery
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If you have ever experienced the panic that comes with realizing that you have not saved your work in Excel, you know how important it is to have a plan for excel unsaved file recovery. In this blog post, we will discuss three methods for recovering unsaved Excel files. We will also provide tips on how to prevent losing your work in the first place. Let's get started!
The best step before knowing methods of unsaved file recovery is prevent losing your work in Excel so save your files regularly. You can set Excel to automatically save your workbook every X minute, or you can manually save your workbook by pressing CTRL + S on your keyboard.
Methods of Excel Unsaved File Recovery: First method
1. Launch a brand-new spreadsheet in WPS. To access the menu, which will be located on the upper left of your screen directly below the WPS office, click here.
2. After clicking on the menu, you will see a bar of options appear. In this step, select the option that says backup and recovery from that bar. And select the option to automatically back up.
3. Now, select the local backup option from the window that appears once the auto back up has been completed. You can restore any of the documents that you were working on at the time, as they are all shown in the window for the local backup, which displays the documents with numbers.
4. After you have successfully recovered the document that you forgot to save, you must now save it. To save your document, simply select Save as from the menu that appears when you click on the Save button.
Methods of Excel Unsaved File Recovery: second method
1. Launch an existing worksheet of your choosing that was created in WPS Excel.
2. As soon as the document opens, a document recovery bar will appear on the screen. This bar will ask you if you want to restore the data or the modification that you forgot to save. Simply select the view more backup option from the menu.
3. When you click on the see more backup option, the local backup option will open. At this point, you need to click on the plus sign that is located to the left of the file that you want to back up.
After selecting the plus symbol, you will see additional options pertaining to your file, and you will now be able to access the most recent file.
4. After you have successfully recovered the edit, you are able to now save the new file using the save as option in order to save the file with the changes.
Methods of Excel Unsaved File Recovery: Third method
You also have the option of using another method to recover the file containing your spreadsheet. Simply opening the WPS Office application will bring up a list of the most recently used files. You will be able to open the file that you forgot to save from this location.
This article has described Methods of Excel Unsaved File Recovery. However, if you want to know more about WPS office, please visit the official website of WPS Academy You can also download WPS Office for free to edit Word/Excel/PPT/PDF from here.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula