Methods to insert checkmark in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Do you want to excel insert checkmark? Excel is a powerful program that allows you to create spreadsheets and get important information from large amounts of data. It offers a lot of useful tools such as the check mark.
A check mark is a symbol that you can excel insert checkmark in cell, just as it inserts any text into the spreadsheet. Below you will know how to excel insert checkmark. You do not need to be an expert in Excel to complete the steps.
How to excel insert checkmark using the symbol command?
To excel insert checkmark symbol, you must follow these steps:
1. Select a cell where you want to excel insert checkmark.
2. Go to the Insert tab, then go to the Symbol Group and click on Symbol.
3. In the Symbol dialog box, in the Symbols tab, you need to click on the dropdown arrow and select Wingdings.
4. At the bottom of the list, you can find check mark and cross symbols. You must select the symbol of your choice and then click on Insert. Click Close to close the Symbol window.
As you can see, Excel inserting checkmark in the cell is easy and fast. You have to keep in mind, which account the cell is copied on, you will also copy the check mark, and if you delete the cell, the check mark will also be deleted.
How to insert check mark in Excel using character code?
Another common way to insert a check mark into your Excel document is to type its character code directly into the cell. Follow the next steps:
1. You first need to select the cell where you want the check mark to appear.
2. On the Home tab, in the Font group, you will need to change the font to Wingdings.
3. Next, press and hold the Alt key while typing one of the following character codes using the numeric keypad.
• Alt + 0252 (Check Mark Symbol)
• Alt + 0254 (Check a box)
• Alt + 0251 (Cross symbol)
• Alt + 0253 (Cross in a box)
You should note that you need to make sure NumLock is turned on for these character codes to work.
How to make a check mark in Excel with autocorrect?
To excel insert checkmark with mioth into your sheets directly, you can use Excel's autocorrect function to simplify your work. If you want to configure it, you must perform the following steps:
1. You will need to insert the check symbol you want in a cell. You must use any of the above options to excel insert checkmark.
2. Select the symbol in the formula bar, and then press Ctrl + C to copy it.
3. To continue, click “File” > “Options” > “Review” > “AutoCorrect options”.
4. When the autocorrect dialog opens, you will need to do the following:
• In the Replace box, you must type a phrase or word associated with the check symbol.
• In the box, press Ctrl + V to paste the symbol you copied into the formula bar.
5. Click Add and OK to close the AutoCorrect dialog.
Every time you want to insert the check mark in Excel, you must type the word or phrase you linked with the check mark and then press Enter.
With the above methods, you can excel insert checkmark. If you want to learn more about Excel and its features, you can follow the WPS Academy. It will allow you to use and download WPS Office for your Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences