In this lesson, we‘ve learned the following key points.
1. How do you convert number and text format to each other?
- In the WPS Spreadsheet, the number entered exceeds 11 digits will automatically convert into text.
Text format has the following three features: default left alignment; can't participate in the calculation; a green corner prompt will appear in the upper left corner of the cell.
The way to convert text format into number format is as follows:
- Method 1: Select the text area, click on the green corner, click on the exclamation point and select Convert to Number.Such a way can always be successful.
- Method 2: Select the text area, click the Home tab> Format, and select Convert Text to Number, so that you can also convert the text to number.
The way to convert number format to text format is as follows:
- Select the number area, click the Date tab> Text to Column, check Delimiter to select the next step, and finally click Finish' to convert successfully.
2. How to set custom format?
A custom format consists of code. A complete code is divided into four intervals: a format applied to positive numbers; a format applied to negative numbers; a format applied to zero; and a format applied to text. A semicolon separates each interval.
The three symbols “#”, “0”, and “@” are placeholders of WPS Spreadsheets. Using the code placeholder+ format”, you can form thousands of custom formats.