In this lesson, we’ve learned the following key points.
1. How to set the data format?
- Select the cell area, right-click the Set Cell Format whose shortcut key is Ctrl+1. In the dialog box, you can select a variety of data formats.
- Commonly used format types are: Number, Currency, Accounting, Percentage, Fraction, Date, and Time.
2. How to enter the correct date and time formats?
- The system recognizes three date formats: 11-11-2022，11/11/2022、11/11-2022,The correct data format can be converted into a number or time format, and normal calculations can be carried out between dates.
- Enter the number 1 in the cell, and press “Ctrl+1 to change it into the date format, which will be shown as 01/01/1900.Every additional number adds an additional day to the date. For example, the number 2 will be shown as 02/01/1900.
- Like the date, time can also be converted into numbers. Its conversion formula is 1 hour = 1/24 of a day; 1 minute = 1/60 of an hour.