The Easiest Way to Add Trend Line in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
It may be the right time to learn how to add trend line in Excel and thus apply the tool to your work. If you are dedicated to organizing data in your company, it will be helpful to know how to add trend line in Excel. However, to learn everything about how to add trend line in excel 2016, you will have to search for effective methods.
Luckily, you have come across three simple strategies to help you add trend line in excel without wasting time. You will only have to follow the steps of each existing method and wait for the best result:
How to add trend line in Excel?
To add trend line in Excel in a simple, fast, and secure way, you must do the following:
1. Open the Excel document where you have previously created the graph. Click anywhere on the chart to select everything.
2. The options box will appear at the top of the graph; you only have to click on graph elements.
3. Now, check the trend line box so you can insert that tool.
4. Click on the arrow next to the trendline box and click on more options.
5. Now, inside the trend line format box, you will have to focus on trend line options and check linear.
How to make a trend line in Excel?
Now that you know how to add trend line in excel mac or on your Windows computer, you could try making a new line. However, to make these adjustments, you will need to:
1. Open the Excel document where you have the graph and right-click on the data of interest points. These points are usually seen with blue circles. Now click on add trend line, which will appear in the menu.
2. Now, when you are inside the options in trend line, you will have to choose the desired line; in this case, it will be linear.
3. Alternatively, you can click on the chart and go to chart elements. Then you must click on trend line and open its options. Eventually, you must choose the type of line you want and click accept.
How to make different trend lines for the same data series in Excel?
One last method that you should learn after knowing how to add trend line in excel 2019 is focused on different trend lines. For you to execute this method, you must do the following:
1. Open the Excel document where the graph appears and right-click on the data series. You will have to select add trend line, and a new menu will automatically open. You will have to choose a trend line based on the one that appeals to you the most.
2. Now, click on the + button after selecting any part of the chart and check the trend line option. More trend line options will appear automatically, but you must select the line style you want to add.
It may have been a bit difficult for you to learn how to add trend line in excel online, but with some practice, you will become an expert. Don't forget that you can get more information on how to add trend line in Excel by going to WPS Academy immediately. You, too, can download WPS Office without investing a single penny in the software.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences