How to update the table of contents
When using WPS Writer to process word documents, how can we update the table of contents that is automatically created？ 1. Open the Word document with WPS Writer. 2. Select the contents in the interface → the Reference tab → click Update TOC. No matter you are a student, teacher, or business professionals can create and edit documents efficiently by WPS Writer as text editors. Easy to use as Microsoft Word.
How can we insert next page section break in WPS Writer
1. Open the document with WPS Office, and choose where you want to insert a next page section break.2. Click Insert → Breaks → Next Page Section Break. To be office word advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Writer online in WPS Academy.
How can we add a horizontal line at the footer
· Option 1:1. Open the document, click Insert → Header and Footer. At the footer, click Page Layout → Page Borders.2. In the pop-up Borders and Shading interface, click the Borders box, select Style, Color, and Width, and apply them to Paragraph.3. After setting them up, click Header and Footer → Close.· Option 2:Open the document, click Insert → Header and Footer.At the footer, click Insert → Shapes, choose Lines, and press Shift+Lines at the same time to draw a line. Perfect your wor....
How to set the margins in WPS Writer
· Use default settings:Click the Page Layout tab → then click the Page Margins button.Here, we can directly select the type of margins we want.If we can't find any margins we want, we can also customize margins.· Custom margins:Click the Page Layout tab → then click the Page Margins button → and select Custom Margins in the drop-down menu.We can customize and adjust the page margins in the popup Page Setup box. For example, enter different data in the input box of the Margins area ....
How to compare the contents of two documents in WPS Writer
1. Open the document and click the Review tab → and then click the Compare button.2. Select Compare in the drop-down menu.3. Select the Original Document and the Revised Document in the Compare Documents popup interface. Then click OK.4. Now we can compare these two documents.This skill could also be used in Microsoft Office Word and Openoffice.
How to customize the settings of a table of contents
To use this feature, we need to add multi-level headings to the article first. If you want to learn more about how to add multi-level headings, you are welcome to join our WPS Academy to watch related videos.1. Use WPS Office to open the document. Click the place where we want to insert a table of contents.2. Click the Reference tab → the Table Of Contents button→ Insert Table Of Contents.3. We can adjust settings such as Tab leader and Show levels of the table of contents in this Tabl....
How to repeat the table header on subsequent pages in WPS Writer
Take WPS Office for PC as an example.1. Select the cell range that need to be set to repeat the header rows on each page.2. Click Table Tools → Repeat Header Rows on the top menu bar. Notes: 1. This only affects tables that extend beyond a single page. If you insert tables separately on different pages, this function will not take effect. To be office word advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Writer online in WPS Academy.
How to repeat header rows of a table in WPS Writer
1. Use WPS Office to open the document.2. Select the header rows of the table on the first page.3. Then click Repeat Header Rows in the Table Tools tab.This skill could also be used in Microsoft Office Word and Openoffice.