Version #: 10.2.0.6051 - May 5 2018
- Bug Fix: Start failure via desktop icon reported by some users
- Bug Fix: Crash caused by users’ local font file corruption
- Supports auto sign in of 3rd party accounts
- Improved converting service for picture formats in PDF to Word; added an advanced mode
- Added VIP system and newly supports buying the PDF to Word feature only
Version #: 10.2.0.6020 - April 3 2018
- Improved high resolution display: mouse status, operation in Spreadsheets’ View, and other UI elements
- Improved SmartArt in WPS Writer and Presentation
- Fixed the problem of downsized mouse in Win 10 system
- Improved Cloud file label display
- Compatible installation/uninstallation when installing version 2018 over 2016
- Improved Numbering:
a) Adjusted numbering UI
b) Added a new trigger timing for manual numbering
c) Improved connection between numbers
d) Auto deleting redundant manual numbers in auto numbering
e) Improved custom numbering lists
- New table sort features: supports Sort Text and Sort Table
- New “Manual Table” feature in References
- Improved bubbles:
a) Added an “Apply this user’s information in review” option
b) Supports replying to, marking “Done”, and showing reviewer’s avatar on comments
c) Changed bubble layout and color effects under Page View, Print Preview, and Reviewing Pane
d) New API: DeleteRecursively, Done, Replies, Ancestor. Adjustment: Delete, Reviewers
- Added an “Insert Table of Figures” entry in References
- Improved display of heading styles
- New options in Compatibility Settings (“Apply to all opened documents”) and Security Settings (“Delete personal info from properties when saving file”)
- Improved font reading and writing efficiency for docx
- Improved copy and paste efficiency
- Improved picture display during presentation show
- Newly supports reading xlsb format
- Improved interaction in cell merging
- New paste option: Paste value to visible cells
- New filter features:
a) New advanced filter mode for VIP
b) Supports sort filter items by item count
c) Improved interaction of filter advanced mode
d) Added contextual tabs for sheet filter
- Added the “Ignore Error” feature in Error Checking
- Added an “Enable multi-threaded calculation” entry
- Added a “Display Math” feature
- Improved efficiency regarding copy paste, OLE objects, RTF, and html
- Newly supports 10 functions
- New dialog box when opening csv file
Version #: 10.2.0.5996 - February 1 2018
- Added a PDF batch export feature
- Added a Backup Center module for backup management
- Supports exporting pictures
- Supports date format “dd/mm/yyyy” for India, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- Improved localized matching of thousands separator and currency symbols
- Fixed some bugs on formats of date, currency, and thousands separator
Version #: 10.2.0.5978 - November 10 2017
- Improved Page Numbering: Integrated “Insert Page Numbers” and “Format Page Numbers” . Page number insertion feature follows the original textbox design
- Header and Footer: Removed grid and hint when clicking header/footer
- Numbering Levels: When there are multiple levels in a list, pressing Enter twice now promotes the paragraph’s level instead of deleting it
- Paragraph: When increasing/decreasing line space, if it is not a multiple of 0.5, it will first change to a multiple of 0.5 and then increase/decrease by 0.5
- Improved Mouse Scroll Display
- Better acceleration/deceleration of screen display when scrolling with mouse
- Printing: Supports printing background color
- Smart Paste: Added icons for options in smart paste list
- PivotTable View: Supports new PivotTable View
- Filter: Supports generating charts with filtered data
- AutoFilter: Supports exporting filtered item count
- Table Styles: Supports option “Do not convert to list” when applying table styles
Version #: 10.2.0.5934 - August 29 2017
- Added a What's New entry on help menu
- Added a feedback entry on task pane side bar
- Improved auto association after PDF has been upgraded
- Version number in help menu can be copied
- When feedback jumps to webpage, version number is filled in automatically
- Fixed the open and save problem of Cloud files for multiple language version
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (CVE-2017-12914). Learn More
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (CVE-2017-12915). Learn More
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (CVE-2017-12916). Learn More
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (CVE-2017-12917). Learn More
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (CVE-2017-12918). Learn More
Version #: 10.2.0.5908 - July 26 2017
- Newly added SmartArt organizational chart feature
- Newly added a ”Show Windows in Taskbar” option in Options
- Newly added a “PDF Split” option for PDF, on the right of document area
- Supports saving and applying chart templates
- Newly added font preview
- Supports remembering line weight last set in screenshot
- Bug Fix: fixed the missing status bar in the Classic skin
- Newly added Page Borders feature in the Page Layout tab
- Supports showing both the resulting and the original documents in Compare feature
- Added options “Mark Entry”, “Insert Index”, and “Update Index” in the References tab
- Supports exporting document to picture
- Added count for items in filters
- Supports sorting on cell icon
- Supports filter by cell icon
- Newly added Slicer feature for PivotTable
- New PivotTable core which supports features such as grouping, calculated item, calculated field, table styles, etc.
- Supports custom number formats
- Newly added features “Trace Precedents” and “Trace Dependents”
- Merged the entries for Audio and Background Music.
- Added an Audio Tools tab with new features of Fade In/Out, Play across Slides, Play in Background, etc.
- Improved audio/video floating toolbar
- Supports inserting mp4 video
Version #: 10.2.0.5871 – May 14 2017
- Newly added a "Convert PDF to Word" option to the right-click menus of PDF files
- Bug fix for Dropbox account sign in
- Bug fix for crash problems caused by shortcut keys under certain circumstances
- Improvement on PDF to Word interface
- Bug fix: fixed the unresponsive "Feedback by Email" button on the upper right menu under Win10 system
Version #: 10.2.0.5820 – January 23 2017
- Improved the tooltip in the "Special Features - Share File" entrance
- Updated the copyright dates in "About WPS Writer/Presentation/Spreadsheets"
- Updated multi-language versions
Version #: 10.2.0.5811 – December 16 2016
- Added support for the WPS Premium subscription service. Purchasing one account activates the premium features across your Android and Windows PC devices.
- Added the brand new WPS Cloud feature, providing an online service for previewing, editing, saving, and sharing files, which automatically syncs on all of your devices running WPS Office.
- Improved the File Open and Save dialog boxes, making it easier to access your files stored locally and on the WPS Cloud.
- Optimized the File Roaming page for a better user experience.
- Bug fix for the PDF to Word feature.
- Bug Fix to repair the crash problem caused by using shortcut keys under certain environment conditions.
- Added a Custom Error Bars feature.
Version #: 10.2.0.5804 – December 08 2016
- Bug fix for upgrading under certain environment conditions.
Version #: 10.1.0.5795 – October 31 2016
- Added a clipboard entry (Home->Copy; shortcut: [Ctrl+C]×2).
- Added entries for customizing chart elements (Select a chart->Chart Tools->Add Chart Element->Axis, Axis Title, Chart Title, Data Labels, Data Table, Error Bars, Gridlines, Legend, Lines, Trendline, Up/Down Bars->More Option).
- Bug Fix: Incorrect display of words after changing language in Russian version.
- Bug Fix: Incorrect spelling in file recovery settings in English version.
- Added a "Phonetic Guide" for Russian version (Главная->Фонетическое руководство).
- Bug Fix: Heading styles font will now use default theme font.
- Support for entering non-break spaces by shortcut key [Ctrl+Shift+Space].
- Bug Fix: Crash problem under certain environment conditions repaired.
- Bug Fix: Decimal point preference (period or comma) will now follow system settings.
- Bug Fix: When editing cells, the auto complete list will now show recommended words in both upper- and lower-case.
Version #: 10.1.0.5775 – September 14 2016
- Support for customizing the Quick Access Toolbar, allowing for more convenient access to commonly used tools
- Support for switching between open documents by pressing Ctrl+Tab.
- Better picture preview: support for both full-screen and standard previews.
- Support for compound type in WordArt.
- Added backup interval settings. (Main Menu -> Options -> Backup Settings).
- Bug fix: Icons no longer appear too small on high resolution screens.
- Added vertical alignment settings for vertical textbox.
- Support for exporting to video. (Special Features -> Export to Video)
- Support for converting to Word document. (Special Features -> Convert to Word Document)
- Support for exporting to images. (Special Features -> Export to Image)
- Added two Smart Guides: Border/Center alignment line and Equal Distance line for easier object positioning.
- Improved video insertion and playback, added "Video Tools" tab.
- Bug fix: crash problem under certain environments.
- Conditional Formatting now supports more than 3 simultaneous conditions, adding rules such as Data Bars, Color Scales, and Icon Sets.
- Support for directly showing comments, editing comment box size, font, and font size.
- Support for printing comments.
- Support for Document Slimming, allowing users to reduce document size. (Special Features -> Document Slimming)
- Bug fix: currency format in cells failed to display correctly under certain zoom scales.
- Bug fix: Auto fill cells when entering duplicated values (#260736).
Version #: 10.1.0.5671 – August 9 2016
- Added "Eye Protection Mode" option to the classic interface of WPS Writer and WPS Spreadsheets.
- Support for converting PDF to DOC/DOCX (Special Features -> PDF to Word), plus split and merge PDF files.
- Support for showing and hiding crop marks (Options->View->Show crop marks).
- Added a "Phonetic Guide" entry.
- Bug Fix: Quotation marks no longer counted as words by the Word Count feature.
- For languages other than English, changed the default web page encoding to UTF8.
- Ruler measurement units now use system settings.
Version #: 10.1.0.5656 – July 23 2016
- Bug fix for activation failure when setting the internet connection of WPS Office as Automatically Detect Proxy Settings in IE while the proxy settings in IE is null.
Version #: 10.1.0.5652 – July 14 2016
- Added support for changing measurement units in Spreadsheets and Presentation.
(Option->General and Save->Measurement units).
Default unit now follows the system settings.
- Added ability to switch between Simple Chinese and Traditional Chinese in the English version.
- Fixed the bug that prevented enterprise users activating WPS Office if they used a proxy server for internet connection.
(WPS Office Configuration Tools ->Update Settings ->Internet Connection)
- Fixed the application window bug that prevented window from being adjusted to a minimum size.
- Fixed the temporary file cleaning bug in Writer and Presentation when saving files to the Egnyte Drive folder.
- Fixed the bug that caused Endnote and OpenXML/ODF Translator Add-ins for Office to not be loaded correctly.
- Fixed the bug that caused Writer to sometimes crash when users created or printed an envelope.
- Fixed the bug that prevented three dots (...) from being automatically replaced as Horizontal Ellipsis.
- Fixed the bug that automatically capitalized the first letter of a word next to ellipsis.
- Fixed the bug that caused Russian letters to overlap when the font is set to italic Calibri.
- Fixed the malfunction of Subtotal feature in Spanish, French, German and Russian version.
- Fixed the bug where under English (United Kingdom) setting, Spreadsheets did not show the English Pound mark ₤ when setting the cell format to default currency format.
- Fixed the bug where under Vietnamese (Vietnam) setting, if users first input the date as day/month/year, date format would change when users edited the cell again.
Version #: 10.1.0.5614 – June 2 2016
- Bug Fix: In new blank documents, Line Spacing cannot be changed to Single when setting the text font of a paragraph to 14pt or above.
Version #: 10.1.0.5584 – May 5 2016
Unlock the restriction in FREE Personal Edition:
- Save as Microsoft Office 2007-2010 File Format (docx, pptx, xlsx etc.)
- REMOVED Watermark. Sponsored Access on Printing and Print to PDF.
- Sponsored Access on: Track Changes, Mail Merge, Form Field Locking, Export to Compressed File/Folder and Share Workbooks.
Version #: 10.1.0.5552 – April 13 2016
- Improved WPS Office stability and fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening some documents.
- Supports correcting and formatting text as you type (Options->Edit->AutoCorrect->Replace text as you type->Option)
- Supports select text font for Delivery and Return Address.
- Supports align text to the left by default for all new blank documents.
- Bug Fix: Slide show issues resolved when opening a PPS/PPSX/PPSM document.
- Bug Fix: Background pictures can be applied/changed, included GIF support.
Version #: 10.1.0.5507 – March 3 2016
- Added support for Spanish, French and Portuguese.
- Fixed the bug that text font is changed after inserting special symbols (Insert -> Symbol).
Version #: 10.1.0.5490 – February 2 2016
- Added support for Russian.
- Fixed the bug that WPS cannot automatically upload files to cloud after File Roaming feature is enabled.
Version #: 10.1.0.5486 – January 27 2016
- New Feature: Added stylistically rich 2D and 3D text effects.
- New Feature: Added a Paste Link feature.
- New Feature: Added new document themes (including colors, fonts and effects) to easily change the overall design of current document.
- New Feature: Redesigned WordArt to be more compatible with Microsoft's SmartArt.
- New Feature: Introduced new charts with new colors and effects to be more compatible with Microsoft.
- New Feature: Added compatibilty for SmartArt.
- New Feature: Added new 2016 White interface options.
- New Feature: Added a Picture Preview feature.
- New Feature: Added a Color Picker feature.
- New Feature: Added a Compatibility Mode feature.
- Optimization: Improved compatibility for switching between DOC/XLS/PPT format documents and DOCX/XLSX/PPTX format documents.
- Optimization: Changed default settings to automatically create and save documents in DOCX, XLSX and PPTX file formats.
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (Bug Id:#236479). Learn More
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (Bug Id:#236468). Learn More
- New Feature: Introduced a new Drawing Canvas for inserting objects and drawing flow charts.
- New Feature: Now capable of opening, viewing, and printing PDF documents.
- New Feature: Additional text directions options in text boxes (horizontal, vertical and rotate).
- New Feature: Added a Reading View function.
- New Feature: Added new features: Handout Master, Notes Master and Notes Page to meet different printing needs.
- New Feature: Added support for adding audio, video, and background music.
- New Feature: Added the ability to use the toolbar to control audio, video and background music (Play, Pause, Move forward or backward).
- Optimization: Added the ability to create, edit, and save documents in PPTX format.
- New Feature: Additional text direction options in text boxes (horizontal, vertical and rotate).
- New Feature: Added an Insert Table feature.
- New Feature: Added support for XLTM and XLTX formats.
Version #: 126.96.36.19947 – January 22 2016
- Fixed the bug that lines break in the middle of Russian words (Cyrillic).
- Fixed the bug that lowercase “i” is auto-corrected to uppercase “I” when inputting non-English text. Users can change the settings in Options->Edit->AutoCorrect->Replace text as you type.
Version #: 188.8.131.5234 – December 25 2015
- Fixed the bug that messy codes appear when first enter numbers using Croatia, Romanian, Hungarian or other keyboard.
- Fixed the bug that users cannot disable “Capitalize first letter of sentences” feature under “AutoCorrect” option.
Version #: 184.108.40.20614 – October 15 2015
- Added support for customizing shortcuts (Options -> General and Save -> Shortcuts)
- Bug fix for ‘Activate Software’ notification on already activated copy of WPS.
- Bug fix for blurred icons on some high DPI display screens (such as 15.6-inch 1080P full-HD screen).
- Bug fix for oversized Options dialog box on some small-size screens.
Version #: 220.127.116.1100 – September 22 2015
- Thesaurus support for English, French, German, Spanish and Russia
- Added supports for inserts and print envelopes.
- Now supporting Polish language.
- Bug Fix for Windows 10 systems, WPS Office shortcut in Start Menu after installing.
- Bug Fix for multi-language version of Spreadsheets that can now recognizes and/or load macro functions (like YIELD).
Version #: 18.104.22.16871 – August 20 2015
- Supports popup Touch keyboard for entering under touch mode
- Supports Russian and Brazilian Portuguese spell check
- Solved the problem of the garbled “Upload to WPS Office Cloud” on File Explorer right-click menu
- Solved the problem that setting “Use small taskbar buttons” in taskbar properties after opening WPS Office would crash the program
- Supports Smart Document, can add and attach XML expansion packs
- Supports AutoCorrect lowercase “i” to uppercase “I”
- Supports entering the quotation marks in Russian, German, and French
- Supports entering the quotation marks in Russian, German, and French
- Functions have been localized to Russian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Enables “Ctrl+Shift+Number 1-7” as shortcut keys to quickly set the number format of cells
- Enables “Alt+Shift+Right” as the shortcut key for “Group”, and “Alt+Shift+Left” for “Ungroup”
- Supports importing igy file exported by SharePoint
Version #: 22.214.171.12452 – July 17 2015
- Update maintains the selected UI language.
- Supports check and download new language packages through “Choose Language” dialog box
- Supports Touch Mode (Customize Quick Access -> Touch Mode) for better using on touch-screen and 2-in-1 devices
- Fixed the problem that DMY date formats such as “dd/mm/yyyy” could not be used in WPS Spreadsheets for some regions (India, Indonesia, Europe, etc.)
- File extensions visible on “Save As” menu
Version #: 9.1.5106 – June 15 2015
- Russian support
- Improved translation for multi-language versions
- Better display on high resolution screens
- Supports one PC device active once, all users are available
Version #: 126.96.36.19978 – May 23 2015
- Allow users to access premium features 3 more times after expiration
- Improved translation for multi-language versions
- Fixed issue with Writer restricting saving Office Open XML files as other formats after expiration
Version #: 188.8.131.5250 – April 28 2015
- Scrolling on touch screen
- Zooming on touch screen
Version #: 184.108.40.20639 – April 16 2015
- Portuguese (Brazil & Portugal) and Spanish (Mexico & Spain) support
- Improved French and German translations