Version #: 10.2.0.5820 – January 23 2017
- Improved the tooltip in the "Special Features - Share File" entrance
- Updated the copyright dates in "About WPS Writer/Presentation/Spreadsheets"
- Updated multi-language versions
Version #: 10.2.0.5811 – December 16 2016
- Added support for the WPS Premium subscription service. Purchasing one account activates the premium features across your Android and Windows PC devices.
- Added the brand new WPS Cloud feature, providing an online service for previewing, editing, saving, and sharing files, which automatically syncs on all of your devices running WPS Office.
- Improved the File Open and Save dialog boxes, making it easier to access your files stored locally and on the WPS Cloud.
- Optimized the File Roaming page for a better user experience.
- Bug fix for the PDF to Word feature.
- Bug Fix to repair the crash problem caused by using shortcut keys under certain environment conditions.
- Added a Custom Error Bars feature.
Version #: 10.2.0.5804 – December 08 2016
- Bug fix for upgrading under certain environment conditions.
Version #: 10.1.0.5795 – October 31 2016
- Added a clipboard entry (Home->Copy; shortcut: [Ctrl+C]×2).
- Added entries for customizing chart elements (Select a chart->Chart Tools->Add Chart Element->Axis, Axis Title, Chart Title, Data Labels, Data Table, Error Bars, Gridlines, Legend, Lines, Trendline, Up/Down Bars->More Option).
- Bug Fix: Incorrect display of words after changing language in Russian version.
- Bug Fix: Incorrect spelling in file recovery settings in English version.
- Added a "Phonetic Guide" for Russian version (Главная->Фонетическое руководство).
- Bug Fix: Heading styles font will now use default theme font.
- Support for entering non-break spaces by shortcut key [Ctrl+Shift+Space].
- Bug Fix: Crash problem under certain environment conditions repaired.
- Bug Fix: Decimal point preference (period or comma) will now follow system settings.
- Bug Fix: When editing cells, the auto complete list will now show recommended words in both upper- and lower-case.
Version #: 10.1.0.5775 – September 14 2016
- Support for customizing the Quick Access Toolbar, allowing for more convenient access to commonly used tools
- Support for switching between open documents by pressing Ctrl+Tab.
- Better picture preview: support for both full-screen and standard previews.
- Support for compound type in WordArt.
- Added backup interval settings. (Main Menu -> Options -> Backup Settings).
- Bug fix: Icons no longer appear too small on high resolution screens.
- Added vertical alignment settings for vertical textbox.
- Support for exporting to video. (Special Features -> Export to Video)
- Support for converting to Word document. (Special Features -> Convert to Word Document)
- Support for exporting to images. (Special Features -> Export to Image)
- Added two Smart Guides: Border/Center alignment line and Equal Distance line for easier object positioning.
- Improved video insertion and playback, added "Video Tools" tab.
- Bug fix: crash problem under certain environments.
- Conditional Formatting now supports more than 3 simultaneous conditions, adding rules such as Data Bars, Color Scales, and Icon Sets.
- Support for directly showing comments, editing comment box size, font, and font size.
- Support for printing comments.
- Support for Document Slimming, allowing users to reduce document size. (Special Features -> Document Slimming)
- Bug fix: currency format in cells failed to display correctly under certain zoom scales.
- Bug fix: Auto fill cells when entering duplicated values (#260736).
Version #: 10.1.0.5671 – August 9 2016
- Added "Eye Protection Mode" option to the classic interface of WPS Writer and WPS Spreadsheets.
- Support for converting PDF to DOC/DOCX (Special Features -> PDF to Word), plus split and merge PDF files.
- Support for showing and hiding crop marks (Options->View->Show crop marks).
- Added a "Phonetic Guide" entry.
- Bug Fix: Quotation marks no longer counted as words by the Word Count feature.
- For languages other than English, changed the default web page encoding to UTF8.
- Ruler measurement units now use system settings.
Version #: 10.1.0.5656 – July 23 2016
- Bug fix for activation failure when setting the internet connection of WPS Office as Automatically Detect Proxy Settings in IE while the proxy settings in IE is null.
Version #: 10.1.0.5652 – July 14 2016
- Added support for changing measurement units in Spreadsheets and Presentation.
(Option->General and Save->Measurement units).
Default unit now follows the system settings.
- Added ability to switch between Simple Chinese and Traditional Chinese in the English version.
- Fixed the bug that prevented enterprise users activating WPS Office if they used a proxy server for internet connection.
(WPS Office Configuration Tools ->Update Settings ->Internet Connection)
- Fixed the application window bug that prevented window from being adjusted to a minimum size.
- Fixed the temporary file cleaning bug in Writer and Presentation when saving files to the Egnyte Drive folder.
- Fixed the bug that caused Endnote and OpenXML/ODF Translator Add-ins for Office to not be loaded correctly.
- Fixed the bug that caused Writer to sometimes crash when users created or printed an envelope.
- Fixed the bug that prevented three dots (...) from being automatically replaced as Horizontal Ellipsis.
- Fixed the bug that automatically capitalized the first letter of a word next to ellipsis.
- Fixed the bug that caused Russian letters to overlap when the font is set to italic Calibri.
- Fixed the malfunction of Subtotal feature in Spanish, French, German and Russian version.
- Fixed the bug where under English (United Kingdom) setting, Spreadsheets did not show the English Pound mark ₤ when setting the cell format to default currency format.
- Fixed the bug where under Vietnamese (Vietnam) setting, if users first input the date as day/month/year, date format would change when users edited the cell again.
Version #: 10.1.0.5614 – June 2 2016
- Bug Fix: In new blank documents, Line Spacing cannot be changed to Single when setting the text font of a paragraph to 14pt or above.
Version #: 10.1.0.5584 – May 5 2016
Unlock the restriction in FREE Personal Edition:
- Save as Microsoft Office 2007-2010 File Format (docx, pptx, xlsx etc.)
- REMOVED Watermark. Sponsored Access on Printing and Print to PDF.
- Sponsored Access on: Track Changes, Mail Merge, Form Field Locking, Export to Compressed File/Folder and Share Workbooks.
Version #: 10.1.0.5552 – April 13 2016
- Improved WPS Office stability and fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening some documents.
- Supports correcting and formatting text as you type (Options->Edit->AutoCorrect->Replace text as you type->Option)
- Supports select text font for Delivery and Return Address.
- Supports align text to the left by default for all new blank documents.
- Bug Fix: Slide show issues resolved when opening a PPS/PPSX/PPSM document.
- Bug Fix: Background pictures can be applied/changed, included GIF support.
Version #: 10.1.0.5507 – March 3 2016
- Added support for Spanish, French and Portuguese.
- Fixed the bug that text font is changed after inserting special symbols (Insert -> Symbol).
Version #: 10.1.0.5490 – February 2 2016
- Added support for Russian.
- Fixed the bug that WPS cannot automatically upload files to cloud after File Roaming feature is enabled.
Version #: 10.1.0.5486 – January 27 2016
- New Feature: Added stylistically rich 2D and 3D text effects.
- New Feature: Added a Paste Link feature.
- New Feature: Added new document themes (including colors, fonts and effects) to easily change the overall design of current document.
- New Feature: Redesigned WordArt to be more compatible with Microsoft's SmartArt.
- New Feature: Introduced new charts with new colors and effects to be more compatible with Microsoft.
- New Feature: Added compatibilty for SmartArt.
- New Feature: Added new 2016 White interface options.
- New Feature: Added a Picture Preview feature.
- New Feature: Added a Color Picker feature.
- New Feature: Added a Compatibility Mode feature.
- Optimization: Improved compatibility for switching between DOC/XLS/PPT format documents and DOCX/XLSX/PPTX format documents.
- Optimization: Changed default settings to automatically create and save documents in DOCX, XLSX and PPTX file formats.
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (Bug Id:#236479). Learn More
- Bug Fix: Overflow vulnerability (Bug Id:#236468). Learn More
- New Feature: Introduced a new Drawing Canvas for inserting objects and drawing flow charts.
- New Feature: Now capable of opening, viewing, and printing PDF documents.
- New Feature: Additional text directions options in text boxes (horizontal, vertical and rotate).
- New Feature: Added a Reading View function.
- New Feature: Added new features: Handout Master, Notes Master and Notes Page to meet different printing needs.
- New Feature: Added support for adding audio, video, and background music.
- New Feature: Added the ability to use the toolbar to control audio, video and background music (Play, Pause, Move forward or backward).
- Optimization: Added the ability to create, edit, and save documents in PPTX format.
- New Feature: Additional text direction options in text boxes (horizontal, vertical and rotate).
- New Feature: Added an Insert Table feature.
- New Feature: Added support for XLTM and XLTX formats.
Version #: 220.127.116.1147 – January 22 2016
- Fixed the bug that lines break in the middle of Russian words (Cyrillic).
- Fixed the bug that lowercase “i” is auto-corrected to uppercase “I” when inputting non-English text. Users can change the settings in Options->Edit->AutoCorrect->Replace text as you type.
Version #: 18.104.22.16834 – December 25 2015
- Fixed the bug that messy codes appear when first enter numbers using Croatia, Romanian, Hungarian or other keyboard.
- Fixed the bug that users cannot disable “Capitalize first letter of sentences” feature under “AutoCorrect” option.
Version #: 22.214.171.12414 – October 15 2015
- Added support for customizing shortcuts (Options -> General and Save -> Shortcuts)
- Bug fix for ‘Activate Software’ notification on already activated copy of WPS.
- Bug fix for blurred icons on some high DPI display screens (such as 15.6-inch 1080P full-HD screen).
- Bug fix for oversized Options dialog box on some small-size screens.
Version #: 126.96.36.19900 – September 22 2015
- Thesaurus support for English, French, German, Spanish and Russia
- Added supports for inserts and print envelopes.
- Now supporting Polish language.
- Bug Fix for Windows 10 systems, WPS Office shortcut in Start Menu after installing.
- Bug Fix for multi-language version of Spreadsheets that can now recognizes and/or load macro functions (like YIELD).
Version #: 188.8.131.5271 – August 20 2015
- Supports popup Touch keyboard for entering under touch mode
- Supports Russian and Brazilian Portuguese spell check
- Solved the problem of the garbled “Upload to WPS Office Cloud” on File Explorer right-click menu
- Solved the problem that setting “Use small taskbar buttons” in taskbar properties after opening WPS Office would crash the program
- Supports Smart Document, can add and attach XML expansion packs
- Supports AutoCorrect lowercase “i” to uppercase “I”
- Supports entering the quotation marks in Russian, German, and French
- Supports entering the quotation marks in Russian, German, and French
- Functions have been localized to Russian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Enables “Ctrl+Shift+Number 1-7” as shortcut keys to quickly set the number format of cells
- Enables “Alt+Shift+Right” as the shortcut key for “Group”, and “Alt+Shift+Left” for “Ungroup”
- Supports importing igy file exported by SharePoint
Version #: 184.108.40.20652 – July 17 2015
- Update maintains the selected UI language.
- Supports check and download new language packages through “Choose Language” dialog box
- Supports Touch Mode (Customize Quick Access -> Touch Mode) for better using on touch-screen and 2-in-1 devices
- Fixed the problem that DMY date formats such as “dd/mm/yyyy” could not be used in WPS Spreadsheets for some regions (India, Indonesia, Europe, etc.)
- File extensions visible on “Save As” menu
Version #: 9.1.5106 – June 15 2015
- Russian support
- Improved translation for multi-language versions
- Better display on high resolution screens
- Supports one PC device active once, all users are available
Version #: 220.127.116.1178 – May 23 2015
- Allow users to access premium features 3 more times after expiration
- Improved translation for multi-language versions
- Fixed issue with Writer restricting saving Office Open XML files as other formats after expiration
Version #: 18.104.22.16850 – April 28 2015
- Scrolling on touch screen
- Zooming on touch screen
Version #: 22.214.171.12439 – April 16 2015
- Portuguese (Brazil & Portugal) and Spanish (Mexico & Spain) support
- Improved French and German translations