How to add a title in excel spreadsheet 2016
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
It's customary to include a title page or cover page with the title of the document and the author's name when creating and modifying documents in Microsoft Word. You might be wondering how to add that information to your document in a discrete and controllable way because an Excel cover page or Excel cover sheet is not something that is simple to make in the Microsoft spreadsheet application. Particularly when working with something you make frequently, printed spreadsheets have a propensity to seem extremely similar to one another. It's a good idea to label your spreadsheets since misunderstanding that might result from someone viewing the incorrect document could possibly be detrimental. Including a title in the header is one method to do this. One advantage of utilising the header for your title in Excel 2016 and 2019 is that it will repeat on every page of the document. Therefore, you won't have to bother about manually entering that title into the appropriate row of the spreadsheet, which may be a tedious task if your spreadsheet is extended across numerous pages. You may utilise the header in Excel 2016 and 2019 to place the title at the top of each page by following the instructions below.
How to add a title in excel online, 2016 and 2019:
1. Open the Excel document.
2. Choose the Insert tab.
3. Select Header & Footer from the menu.
4. Select the location for the title, then type it.
How to add a header in excel:
1. Open Excel and your worksheet.
2. At the window's top, select the Insert tab.
3. In the Text area of the ribbon, click the Header & Footer button.
4. Enter the header's information by clicking inside the portion of the header where you want it to appear.
5. When finished, click any cell to leave the Header & Footer view. By selecting View at the top of the window, going to the Workbook Views part of the ribbon, and selecting Normal, you may go back to the standard Excel view.
How to format title box in excel:
1. The title that shows at the top of a chart is another title type that you might need to utilise when working in Microsoft WPS Excel.
2. You may easily choose a set of cells from your spreadsheet and build an Excel chart with WPS Excel. However, formatting is frequently required for aspects of the chart that are initially missing or not showing the right data, such as an axis title or other chart elements.
3. Fortunately, the chart tools page and the layout tab that show when you pick the chart allow you to format the information for the axis title and chart title.
4. You can double-click on the titles of your charts and modify them just as you would text in a text box if you wish to change them. To adjust the title's appearance, you may even right-click on the chosen title to see some chart and formatting choices.
5. There are several title possibilities available in certain more recent versions of Microsoft Excel. A new column will appear on the right side of the window if you right-click in the title chart area and select Format Chart Title. Explore that section to discover additional title alternatives and formatting options that will enable you to develop a title that is best suitable for your particular chart type.
Note: This was an attempt to show you how to add a title in excel online, 2016 and 2019, in both windows and mac.
To get the newest version of WPS Office, you must first access this operating interface.
You just need to have a little understanding of how and which way things work and you are good to go. With having this basic knowledge or information of how to use it, you can also access and use different other options on excel or spreadsheet. Also, it is very similar to Word or Document. So, in a way, if you learn one thing, like Excel, you can automatically learn how to use Word as well because both of them are very similar in so many ways. If you want to know more about WPS Office, you can download WPS Office to access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint for free.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula