How to add label to axis in excel chart on mac
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
There are several options for customising an Excel chart. You may add and alter vertical or horizontal axis names to ensure that your chart is understandable to anybody seeing it.
How to add label to axis in excel online, 2016 and 2019
1. After choosing your chart, go to the Chart Design tab that appears. Axis Titles will appear when you choose them with the drop-down arrow next to Add Chart Element. Choose Primary Horizontal, Primary Vertical, or both from the pop-out menu.
2. The Chart Elements icon is located to the right of the chart in Excel for Windows. Select the Axis Titles checkbox, then select the horizontal, vertical, or both titles checkboxes by clicking the right arrow.
3. The default name of the axis title that you choose when it shows on the chart is Axis Title. Choose the text box that has the pre-populated title, then enter your own.
Customize label to axis on chart in excel
The text in the axis title boxes as well as the boxes themselves can both be modified. And there are several various approaches you may use.
1. To see the floating toolbar, first right-click an axis title. Style, Fill, and Outline choices are available.
2. To apply a theme, utilise a gradient or texture, or select a border style and colour, use the drop-down arrows next to any of these options.
3. Start by displaying the Format Axis Title sidebar to further customise your design. The titles may be double-clicked or you can right-click one and choose Format Axis Title.
4. Make sure Title Options are shown at the top of the sidebar. Then, make your edits using the three tabs for Fill & Line, Effects, and Size & Properties that are immediately below it.
5. You may alter the orientation, add a glow or shadow, modify the fill or border, and more.
6. Select Text Options at the top of the sidebar to change the font. Use the Text Effects, Text Box, and Text Fill & Outline tabs next.
Remove label to axis from a chart in excel
1. Go to the Chart Design tab after selecting the chart. Deselect Primary Horizontal, Primary Vertical, or both by clicking the Add Chart Element drop-down arrow, pointing to Axis Titles.
2. You can also uncheck the option next to Axis Titles in Excel on Windows by clicking the Chart Elements icon. Use the arrow next to Axis Titles to choose the title you wish to keep by clicking on it.
Note: This was an attempt to show you how to add label to axis in excel online, 2016 and 2019, in both windows and mac.
To get the newest version of WPS Office, you must first access this operating interface.
You just need to have a little understanding of how and which way things work and you are good to go. With having this basic knowledge or information of how to use it, you can also access and use different other options on excel or spreadsheet. Also, it is very similar to Word or Document. So, in a way, if you learn one thing, like Excel, you can automatically learn how to use Word as well because both of them are very similar in so many ways. If you want to know more about WPS Office, you can download WPS Office to access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint for free.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences