How to make the bars wider in a WPS Office Excel chart?
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Are you ready to master how to make the bars wider in a WPS OfficeExcel chart? After learning this WPS free tutorial, you will be advanced from a beginner in WPS Spreadsheet.
When we’re analyzing data, a chart can reveal the numerical relationship between items clearly. However, when there are too many items, the bars are so narrow that the chart is unaesthetic and unclear. So how can we make the chart bars wider? Let’s have a try step by step.
Three methods are available and you can choose one of them as needed. Here we take a fruit sales table as an example and we have inserted a chart in advance.
· Method 1: To enlarge the chart.
Hold down the left click on the circle icon in the corner of the chart and drag the cursor to resize the chart. Then we get a larger chart with wider bars.
· Method 2: To change the chart style.
1. Click the chart and four icons appear.
2. Click the Chart Style icon and choose from Built-in Style.
3. Then we get a chart of a different style with wider bars.
·Method 3: To reduce the gap width.
1. Double-click one of the bars, and then a Formatting pane pops up on the right.
2. Click SERIES > SERIES OPTIONS. Then reduce the gap width by dragging the rectangle icon or setting an argument.
3. Then we get a chart with reduced gap width and wider bars.
With these three methods, you are able to change the width of the bars in the Excel chart quickly and freely. Did you get it?
1. What is chart?
A chart is a graphical representation for data visualization, in which the data is represented by symbols, such as bars in a bar chart, lines in a line chart, or slices in a pie chart. Representing tabular numeric data in a graphic manner, a chart allows us to analyze the data more intuitively and quickly.
2. What is WPS Spreadsheet?
WPS Spreadsheet is a module of WPS Office(an acronym for Writer, Presentation and Spreadsheet). WPS Spreadsheet is consistent with Excel document, which helps users to work with high efficiency. Its personal basic version is free to use and it provides abundant functions and unique features for you to explore.
Learn more advanced skills about charts in WPS Office Presentation:
Excel is the most powerful tool to manage and analyze various types of Data. This free WPS Spreadsheet tutorial for beginners covers in-depth lessons for Excel learning and how to use various Excel formulas, tables and charts for managing small to large scale business process.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Top 10 simple family tree template Excel free download