How to write strikethrough text in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Strikethrough formatting is rarely used, but it is a very useful font formatting for most applications. Strikethrough fonts are a great way to visually indicate that something has been deleted, deleted, or no longer relevant, without actually removing it from the text. This formatting option is also available in Excel, but unfortunately, it is not available directly from the ribbon commands. However, it is possible to access it in a number of ways.
Add Strikethrough with the Quick Access Toolbar
For those who prefer to use the mouse to use keyboard shortcuts, there is a quicker way than using the Format Cells menu. You can upload this to the Quick Action Toolbar so it’s usually a one-click technique to feature strikethrough.
1. Click on the drop-down button of Customize Quick Access Toolbar and select the More Commands option.
2. In the Excel Options menu. Select All Commands from the drop-down.
3. Scroll down and select the Format cell Tab in the list of available commands.
4. Press the Add button to add this to your Quick Access Toolbar.
5. Press the OK button to close the menu.
Using the shortcut key, apply strikethrough formatting
Like the majority of practical features and capabilities, Microsoft Excel has a keyboard shortcut for strikethrough.
1. For Windows users, it's Ctrl + 5.
2. As well as on a Mac, Command + Shift + X.
The selected cell(s) will immediately have a strikethrough format when you press those buttons. Want to add a strikethrough to a large number of cells at once? Select all and press the strikethrough shortcut.
3. Alternatively, click and drag your formatting to any desired location using the format painter!
Revert the strikethrough format
Strikethrough can be easily eliminated from a cell. Use the keyboard shortcut to select the cells you want to remove the strikethrough formatting from:
1. On Windows, press Ctrl + 5.
2. On a Mac, press Command + Shift + X. Then it disappeared!
3. If you don't want to use the keyboard shortcut, you may just open the Format cells dialogue box and uncheck the strikethrough box on the Font tab.
Partial strikethrough formatting
The above method adds strikethrough to the entire cell. If you want to remove only part of the text in a cell, do the following:
1. Double-click the cell.
2. Select the word(s) you want to cross out.
3. Use keyboard shortcuts to apply strikethrough formatting (Ctrl + 5 or Command + Shift + X).
4. Or you can do it without keyboard shortcuts by opening the Format Cells dialog and clicking the strikethrough option in the Font tab.
Did you learn about how to write strikethrough text in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides. You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an enjoyable and easy working experience.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula