Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
Recover excel files: how to rescue your data
There is nothing more frustrating than losing hours or days of work on a project because of a computer crash. Even worse is when that data is lost forever and there is no way to recover it. However, this does not have to be the case! If you have recently lost files from Excel, there is still hope. In this blog post, we will discuss how to recovered excel files and get your data back in no time!
There are a few different ways to go about recovered excel files, depending on the severity of the data loss. If you have lost a recent file that was saved, you may be able to find it in the Recovered Files folder. This folder is typically located in your My Documents folder. If you cannot find the file in this folder, you can try opening Excel and going to the menu. From here, you should see an option to backup and recovery.
If you have lost a file that was not recently saved, or if the recovered files are corrupted, there are still options available.
Recovered Excel Files: First Option
1. Launch a brand-new spreadsheet in WPS. To access the menu, which will be located in the top left of your screen just below the WPS office, click here.
2. When you click on the menu, a bar of choices will display.
In this phase, pick the backup and recovery option from that bar.
And then pick the option to backup automatically.
3. Now, from the window that displays after the auto backup has finished, pick the local backup option. You may restore any of the papers you were working on at the time since they are all shown in the local backup window, which shows the documents with numbers.
4. You must now save the document you recovered after successfully recovering it. Simply pick Save as from the menu that displays when you click the Save button to save your document.
Recovered Excel Files: Second Option
1. Launch an existing worksheet made in WPS Excel of your choice.
2. A document recovery bar will show on the screen as soon as the document opens. This box will prompt you to restore the data or change that you failed to save. Simply pick the View More Backup option from the menu.
3. When you choose the view more backup option, the local backup option appears. At this stage, you must click the plus symbol to the left of the file that you wish to back up.
After clicking the + sign, you'll notice more choices for your file, and you'll be able to view the most current file.
4. After successfully recovering the modification, you can now save the new file using the save as option to save the file with the changes.
Recovered Excel Files: Third Option
You may also use another way to recover the file containing your spreadsheet. Simply launching the WPS Office programme displays a list of recently used files. From this place, you will be able to access the file that you neglected to save.
While losing data can be a frustrating and stressful experience, it does not have to be the end of the world. With a little bit of know-how, you can recovered excel files and get your data back in no time! Be sure to follow the steps above next time you are working on an important project to avoid any headaches down the road.
However, if you want to learn more about the WPS office, please go to the WPS Academy's official website. To edit Word, Excel, PPT, and PDF files, you may also download WPS Office for free from this page.