End User License Agreement for WPS Office
Please carefully read and understand all rights and restrictions specified in this "End User License Agreement for WPS Office" (the "Agreement",or this"Agreement") before installing or using this WPS Office software (the "Software"). The Agreement is a legal agreement between you("user", "your", "you") and WPS Software Pte. Ltd. ("WPS Office ","we", "us", "our") applicable to the Software.
By installing or using the Software on any device and/or acknowledging and agreeing to this Agreement from within the Software, you agree to all of the terms and conditions in this Agreement with WPS Office. In addition, when using the Software, you shall comply with all terms and conditions in other agreements (if any) that you entered into with WPS Office for your right to use the Software or the license document (if any) issued by WPS Office to prove you have the rights to use the Software.
1. Grant of License
(1) WPS Office grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license, which shall be subject to restrictions and limitations as stipulated in other paragraphs of this Agreement, to use the Software on devices(for purpose of this Agreement, devices including but not limited to computer, tablet computer, smartphone, wearable device) in areas other than Chinese Mainland (referring to Chinese Mainland means areas within the territory of the People's Republic of China, excluding Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region and Taiwan), provided you accept to be bound by the terms hereof, and comply with all terms and conditions herein and in other agreements (if any) that you entered into with WPS Office.
(2) When the Software is provided for free, as called "WPS Office Free" or whatever, the Software may be a functionally restricted version (i.e. certain features or functions of the Software will be restricted/ unavailable). WPS Office determines in its sole discretion which features or functions are restricted/ unavailable, and WPS Office in its sole discretion may adjust at any time feature or function of the Software that are to be restricted/ unavailable. WPS Office provides NO WARRANTIES OR SERVICES for the functionally restricted version. Your use of the restricted version of the Software is at your sole risk and responsibility.
(3) With respect to the functionally restricted version of the Software, you agree to and acknowledge:
a. You shall only use the functionally restricted version on your personally owned device for your personal, non-commercial use.
b. WPS Office will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice (via the official website for the Software), prior to amending its policies in connection with the functionally restricted version of the Software, including without limitation, reducing the functions, setting the use period, terminating the license, etc.;
c. You shall not transfer the functionally restricted version of the Software or by any other means attempt to resell, re-license, lease or otherwise transfer the functionally restricted version of the Software for any consideration/ purpose.
(4) For any use of the Software other than for your personal, non-commercial use, you shall pay for "WPS Office Premium Service"(based on online service), or use license of "WPS Office Professional" or "WPS Office Business" to WPS Office to obtain business license, however, for any use of the Software, if you are on behalf of any non-natural person , such as company or any other legal entity or any unincorporated organization, you or such non-natural person must pay for use license of "WPS Office Business" to WPS Office to obtain business license, through WPS Office itself or an agent, dealer or partner thereof. Otherwise, your use of the Software is not authorized. Where you obtain business license of the Software, you are entitled to use certain functions restricted in the functionally restricted version of the Software within and only within the scope of license and use period. The functions available depends on what you pay for.
(5) If you want to get access to certain functions, such as PDF converter, PDF editor, More Cloud storage, Translation, OCR, restricted in the functionally restricted version of the Software, you shall pay for extra service or extra license, such as "WPS Office Premium Service"(based on online service), use license of "WPS Professional" or "WPS Office Business", as required by WPS Office at that time. After such payment you are entitled to use corresponding function(s) of the Software within and only within the scope of such extra service or extra license and applicable use period.
(6) WPS Office may provide you with a trial period of the Software ("Trial Period") provided that you satisfy the conditions as required by us in that time, during which the Software may without function restriction, determined and modified from time to time by WPS Office in its sole discretion. If you want to continue legally using the non-functionally restricted version of the Software after the expiration of the trial period, you shall pay for extra service or extra license, as described above, at or before the expiration of the trial period. After such payment you are entitled to use corresponding function(s) of the Software within and only within the scope of such extra service or extra license and applicable use period.
(7) Where you fail to pay for WPS Office extra service or extra license, or when such extra service, extra license expires, WPS Office will be entitled at its own discretion to terminate the such extra service or extra license or convert the Software to a functionally restricted version. WPS Office determines in its sole discretion which features or functions are restricted/ unavailable, and WPS Office in its sole discretion may adjust at any time the functions of the Software that are to be restricted/ unavailable. WPS Office provides NO WARRANTIES OR SERVICES for the functionally restricted version. Your use of the restricted version of the Software is at your sole risk and responsibility. Where you want to continue legally using the non-functionally restricted version of the Software after the expiration of extra service or extra license, you must renew such extra service or extra license at or before the expiration thereof. However, the functions available depends on what you pay for.
(8) Without prejudice to the foregoing extra service or extra license you have paid for, WPS Office may amend any of the policies applicable to the Software, including without limitation, charging users who use WPS Office Free, reducing the functions of the Software, setting the use period, terminating the license, etc.;
(9) Where the Software is a version for iOS("WPS Office for iOS"), the following provisions shall be further applied: (a) the restrictions and protections for WPS Office set forth in any standard EULA included with iOS/iTunes or other applicable Apple Inc. terms and conditions are in addition to and not in limitation of this Agreement; (b) the Software is limited to be normally installed and used on iPad and iPhone devices with one of the latest three iOS versions at the time of release of the corresponding version of the Software (hereinafter collectively referred to as iOS Devices), and each updated or upgraded version of the Software is limited to be normally installed and used on iOS Devices with one of the latest three iOS versions at the time of release of the updated or upgraded version of the Software, for example, the latest version of the Software released as of July 10, 2017 can only support iOS10，iOS9 and iOS8; (c) unless otherwise determined by WPS Office in its sole discretion, each updated or upgraded version of the Software will only support the latest iOS and the two prior iOS (e.g. iOS8,iOS9 and iOS10, until iOS 11 is released, then iOS9, iOS10 and iOS11, etc.).
(10) This Agreement only applies to aforesaid non-Chinese versions of the Software for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS and iOS, where your software is for any other OS or any Chinese version of the Software for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS and iOS ("Inapplicable Software"), this Agreement shall not apply. You shall agree to and accept the end user license agreement attached to such Inapplicable Software before you legally install and use it.
(11) You understand and acknowledge that you may only download the Software and obtain extra service or extra license of the Software in and only in one of the following ways: (1) directly from WPS Office; (2) from authorized dealers, distributors, agents, retailers, mobile App stores, etc. of WPS Office; (3) from any third party who has the right to sub-license the Software. However you shall install and use the Software by strictly following the scope of license, license period (if any) and licensed use purpose agreed in other applicable agreement entered into between you and WPS Office or in a license document (if any) issued by WPS Office to prove you are entitled to use the Software (where any discrepancy exists between the applicable agreement (if any) entered into between you and WPS Office and the license document issued by WPS Office to prove you are entitled to use the Software, the applicable agreement shall prevail).
(12) Operating environment requirements of the Software:
WPS Office for Windows:
OS: Windows 10/Windows 7
CPU: Dual-core processor or above is recommended
Memory: 2GB or above is recommended
Hard disk: 4GB or more available space is recommended
WPS Office for Linux:
Memory: At least 2GB
Hard disk: At least 2GB
WPS Office for Mac：
macOS: macOS 10.12 or higher
CPU: Dual Core Processor or higher
Memory: At least 2 GB
Hard disk: At least 4 GB available space
WPS Office for Android:
Android 5.0 or later
WPS Office for iOS：
As referred to in paragraph (9) of Article 1.
(1) Except as otherwise expressly permitted in writing by WPS Office, you may not: (a) duplicate (except in the course of downloading or installing) or modify the Software, or (b) transfer, resell, re-license, sub-license, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the Software or any part thereof to any third party, or (c) make the functionality of the Software available to multiple users through an means, including without limitation, by uploading the Software to a network or file-sharing server, or through any hosting, application service provider, service bureau, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), or service of any other kind, or (d) split, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Software, in whole or in part, or (e) permit or license any third party to do so.
(2) The Software is licensed to you as an integrated single product, and you shall not split the Software into components to put them on more than one computer or device. You understand and acknowledge, components of the Software, including without limitation, the source codes and the specific design and structure of individual modules or programs, constitute or contain trade secrets of WPS Office and/or its licensor(s).
(3) The function of translation of the Software shall only be used by natural person for personal, non-commercial purpose.
3. Extra Service and Extra License
(1) Some extra services of the Software, such as "WPS Office Premium Service", are based on WPS Office Online Service (as defined below), in addition, access to certain functions included in such extra service may only be available in certain operating system. Before you use the WPS Office Online Service, you shall agree with the 'WPS Office Cloud Service User Agreement' (or called as 'WPS Office Online Service User Agreement') via https://www.wps.com/legal/OnlineServiceUserAgreement.
(2) 'WPS Office Online Service' (the "Service") refers to services and products that are launched by WPS Office and/or its affiliated companies, and/or any third party who has built partnership with WPS Office or its affiliated companies, which can only be logged into and accessed by using WPS Office Online Service Account(as defined below), as updated by WPS Office from time to time. The Service includes but not limited to WPS 365 Cloud service, WPS member center service, WPS Office Premium Service, Value-added Services and other services that may later be released and included into the scope of WPS Office Online Service, conditioned on you logging in our server via our website (such as https://www.wps.com or such other URL as we may specify) or the Software.
(3) "WPS Office Online Service Account" refers to the WPS account or a partner account recognized by WPS Office. The WPS account is the account provided to you by WPS Office after you complete the registration process by filling in registration information at https://account.wps.com/signup.html?cb=https%3A%2F%2Fstore.wps.com&logintype=login&from=login or such other URL as designated by WPS Office from time to time and agreeing to abide by the relevant rules of WPS Office.
Partner account recognized by WPS Office, currently includes Google account, Facebook account, Drop-box account, Twitter account and other accounts that may be added later are provided by parties. When registering a login account other than a WPS account, you shall completely abide by all of the pertinent requirements of the account providers. Befor you use it, you shall agree the User Statement for a WPS Office Online Service Account at https://www.wps.com/legal/onlineservice/UserStatementforAccount
4. Support Service
(1) Where the applicable User Manual for the Software or other electronic documents or printed materials (if any) provided with the Software expressly states that WPS Office will provide you with support service (provided that you have paid for the such Support Service or extra service or extra license including such Support Service and they do not expire ), WPS Office will provide you the support service related to the Software (hereinafter referred to as Support Service) based on the policies and schedules stated in such User Manual or electronic documents or printed materials (if any), as updated by WPS Office from time to time.
(2) Any additional software code (if any) provided to you as part of the Support Service (e.g. an update or modification to the Software) shall be deemed to be part of the Software and subject to all the provisions hereunder.
(3) You expressly agree that WPS Office is entitled to, for any commercial purpose, use the technical information (if any) that you provide to WPS Office in connection with providing the Support Service to you, including but not limited to its product support and development. Unless necessary for the provision of the Support Service (if any) to you, WPS Office will use its best efforts not to identify you personally when using such technical information (if any).
5. Replacement, alteration and upgrade of the Software
(1) The email address that you provide is one of means for your notification to receive the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software to replace, alter or upgrade the Software (including notification of any applicable charges due for such replacement, alteration, or upgrade).
(2) You may choose to accept (including all the scenarios where you have set your computer or device to automatically update the Software) at your own discretion the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software provided to you by WPS Office to replace, alter or upgrade the Software. Where you do not accept the replacement, alteration or upgrade version of the Software, you shall not download, install or use the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software. Your download of the replacement, alteration or upgrade version of the Software indicates that: (a) you agree to accept the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software, and (b) you undertake that you have satisfied and agreed to all the terms to use the replacement, alteration or upgrade version of the Software specified herein.
(3) You hereby understand and acknowledge after the publishing of the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software, WPS Office will not guarantee that previous versions (versions prior to the publishing of the replacement, alteration or upgrade version) will remain available or functional. WPS Office reserves the right to unilaterally alter or restrict some functions and effects of the Software for its commercial purposes, and you shall assume the risks arising therefrom.
(4) Unless otherwise set forth in an agreement between you and us, the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software that WPS Office provides to you shall be deemed to be a part of the Software and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In addition, the content of extra service or extra license of the Software purchased by you shall be subject to edition or function of the Software we have promised to provide at the time of purchase, unless otherwise agreed to by you and us, it does not include subsequent editions, updates of the Software, does not include other functions, plug-ins or any other products or services that we have not promised to provide at the time of purchase.
(5) Upon your acceptance of the new version of the Software, you agree that: a) you accept the new version of the Software and all the superseding agreements (if any) provided together; (b) Your rights to use the previous versions of the Software are hereby terminated.
6. Advertising and Promotion
(1) Except that you have paid for and during the period of service as described in following paragraph, regardless of whether it is a version for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS or iOS, WPS Office may, in its sole discretion, publish advertisements to promote products or services of WPS Office, or of any third party by utilizing the Software, and all the revenue (if any) generated from such advertisements will belong solely to WPS Office.
(2) WPS Office may, at its sole discretion and pursuant to its then in effect policy, provide paid services (based on WPS Office Online Service) to allow you to remove, cancel or no longer receive such advertisement conditioned upon your payment for such services in accordance with the then in effect policy of WPS Office; WPS Office will, at its sole discretion, from time to time, alter, change or vary, without prior notice to you, the form, pattern or scope of displaying, advertising.
(3) You acknowledge and agree that all the content, including without limitation, the advertisement, and content included therein or other promotion materials displayed to you via the Software, is protected by the intellectual property rights of WPS Office and/or its advertisers. You shall not modify, rent, lease, lend, sell or distribute such content, regardless of in whole or in part, or create any derivative works based on such content, except to the extent you are separately licensed to do so under separate agreements or business rules of WPS Office or its advertisers.
(4) The communications, correspondence, business contacts, participation in promotion activity, payment and delivery of products or services, or the terms and conditions, representations and warranties, and disclaimers between you and advertisers communicated through the Software or otherwise are solely between you and such advertisers, and WPS Office does not undertake any obligations to review, investigate or examine the advertisements or the advertisers, and WPS Office will not be liable to you or the advertisers for any kinds of damages or losses arising out of the foregoing matters. WPS Office has no responsibility or liability for any transactions you enter into with any advertiser, content provider.
(1) Where you provide feedback, data or other information (collectively referred to as Information, including but not limited to any ideas, concepts or technologies to improve the Software and Software-related service), regardless of the method used or accompanying media, to WPS Office, as feedback, data, questions, comments, suggestions, etc., all such Information shall be deemed unrestricted and non-confidential. Moreover, you agree that WPS Office has a permanent, inalienable, non-exclusive right to use such Information worldwide, without any obligation to pay, compensate or reward you (including without limitation to the extent the Information is included in or the basis of any modifications to the Software). The rights that WPS Office has under this Article 6 shall also include the right to use, duplicate, modify, transmit and disseminate all Information you submitted, create derivative works therefrom, display and implement all Information you submitted and to allow third parties to conduct the foregoing actions.
8. Additional Provisions
(2) WPS Product Refund Regulation
1)The refund regulation for license of products that need use activation code to activate the license ( such as, WPS business edition life time license, WPS PDF to Word Converter and WPS Data Recovery Master etc..)
- Full refund is acceptable within 30 days after purchasing.
- No refund is accepted if the purchasing for activation codes is beyond 30 days.
2)The refund regulation for subscription service ( Refers to service purchased for certain period of certain use rights after logging into a WPS Office Online Service Account, and such service can only be available when logging into the said Account during the period of such subscription, like subscription of WPS Premium，WPS 365 Cloud Service or other subscription products)
- Payments are non-refundable. There is no refund for any part or all of subscription period whether it is used or not. You can cancel at any time to stop future charges, following any cancellation, you will continue to have access to the applicable services through the end of your current subscription period. However, due to quality issue (such as system bug, discrepancy between promise and actual situation) or required by law,we may provide part or all of the refund at our sole and absolute discretion.
3)Subscription Cancellations:The steps to cancel your subscription will vary based on your payment method. In Google play, for example,You can visit https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481 for unsubscription assistance.To avoid any charges, you must cancel before the end of the free trial period or the current billing period.
9. Value-added Services
(1) Within the Software you may log into the WPS Office Online Service for Value-added Services, you may obtain via the such as template application service, online font application service, etc. The specific service content is subject to the display on the webpage when you log into the WPS Office Online Service. Unless WPS Office explicitly states such Value-added Services are included in the Software, such Value-added Services are independent of the functions of the Software, and are not part of the regular functions of the Software. You understand and acknowledge, even if you pay WPS Office for the Software or some functions thereof, such fees you paid do not include service fee for such Value-added Services, and such Value-added Services are charged separately. Where you need to use such Value-added Services, you shall read and accept the agreements and terms or statements attached to such Value-added Services, pay corresponding service fees to WPS Office as specified in such agreements or terms and as per the then relevant billing policies of WPS Office (WPS Office may, in its own discretion, determine specific billing policies, adjust them from time to time and provide them on this applicable website), and use the Value-added Services only as per such agreements or terms.
(2) Intellectual property rights in or to any Value-added Service and results of any Value-added Service provided to you with or without charges shall belong to WPS Office and/or its licensors/right holders. Value-added Services and results of any Value-added Service shall only be used for your personal non-business purpose in WPS Office software or other software as be permitted by WPS Office, and shall not be used in any other unauthorized purpose, or sold, offered for sale, rented, distributed, translated, provided, licensed, used, or utilized in other forms for any third party or on behalf of any third party.
(3) Only if you have agreed agreements or statements related to a Value-added Service, in addition, 1) when a Value-added Service or any part of it is not for free, you have to make a payment which includes such Value-added Service or any part of it through channel authorized by WPS Office at corresponding price, or 2) when a Value-added Service or any part of it is for free (if any), you agree that WPS Office has rights to add or update, modify condition and/or term of validity to such Value-added Service or any part of it, besides that, you clearly understand, and completely agree with this relevant agreements and/or statements, then, you may enjoy Value-added Service or any part of it subject to stipulations provided in foregoing relevant agreements and/or statements. You may still be required to confirm your understanding and consent to all and part of the above terms before you enjoy a Value-added Service or any part of it.
10. Use of Fonts
(1) The fonts you use when using the Software for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS or iOS OS are from the built-in font files of such OS ("System Font Files") and/or third party font files that WPS Office provides to you with or without charges (Third Party Font Files). You agree to use such System Font Files and/or Third Party Font Files in accordance with the terms applicable thereto and you release WPS Office from any responsibility with respect to such use by you.
(2) The font files available in online font application service (the "Online Fonts") shall only be used 1) for your personal non-business purpose, 2) in WPS Office software, 3) in the only manner of print and screen display. The Online Fonts and fonts in them shall not be reproduced, published, sold, offered for sale, rented, distributed on internet, translated, provided, licensed, used, or utilized in other forms for any third party or on behalf of any third party. Only if you have agreed and accepted the WPS Office Online Service User Agreement (via https://www.wps.com/legal/OnlineServiceUserAgreement) and its modifications updated from time to time and sign in the website https://www.wps.com following related indication, in addition, 1) when a font file of Online Fonts is not for free, you have paid for a certain service which includes usage rights of the font file through channel authorized by WPS Office at relevant price (e.g. have paid for service of Template Premium through https://template.wps.com), or 2) when a font file of Online Fonts is for free (if any), you agree that WPS Office has rights to add or update, modify condition and/or term of validity to such font file, besides that, you clearly understand, and completely agree with this paragraph, then, you may use the font file subject to stipulations provided herein. You may still be required to confirm your understanding and consent to all and part of the above terms before you use the Online Fonts therein.
11. Ownership and Intellectual Property Right
11. Ownership and Intellectual Property Right
13. No Warranty
13. No Warranty
14. Limited Liability; Force Majeure; Indemnity
14. Limited Liability; Force Majeure; Indemnity
15. US Government End Users
15. US Government End Users
16. Sanctions and Export Control
(1) You represent and warrant that the "Software" together with its direct products as well as the technologies and materials associated, may not:
(i) be downloaded, installed, provided or sublicensed within the territories of any countries or regions and to any of its government departments (without limitation to its staff individuals and entities, or any individuals or entities to be in controlled of, action for or on behalf of such government department), or to any entities or individuals within which located, established or registered, or inhabited, providing that such countries, regions, governments, individuals and entities are subject to sanctions or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties, as maintained by the United Nations Bureau of Industry and Security(BIS), the US Treasury or or other applicable US government authorities (hereinafter refers to as "Sanctions Institutions";
(ii) be downloaded, installed, provided or sublicensed to the entities or individuals particularly associated with certain industries subject to US sanction as maintained by Sanctions Institutions;
(iii) be downloaded, installed, provided or sublicensed to any entities or individuals subject to sanctions by designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties maintained by Sanctions Institutions;
(iv) be downloaded, installed, provided or sublicensed to any entities whose at least 50% stock equlity or share are controlled or possessed by any individuals or entities prescribed within paragraph (i), (ii), (iii), directly or indirectly, jointly or individually, by any means, including but not to limited to agreement arrangements or any otherwise.
(v) be used for any purposes prohibited by U.S. laws, including but not limited to the proliferation of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
(2) By downloading the Software, you agree to be bound by all of the above terms and conditions, and you hereby represent and warrant that 1) you will comply with all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. economic sanctions and export control laws and regulations, including but not limited to the economic sanctions regulations implemented under statutory authority and/or Executive Orders and administered by the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") (31 C.F.R. Part 500 et seq.), the U.S. Commerce Department's Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. Part 730 et seq.), the economic sanctions rules and regulations of the European Council, United Kingdom, and EU Member States, and EU's Dual-use Regulation 428/2009 (collectively, "Trade Control Laws"), 2) you do not belong to any kind of the sanctioned individuals or entities as listed above in paragraph (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) and shall not belong to the said individuals or entities during the period uninterrupted starting from you getting the license of the Software till its expire, and you shall not use the Software , and/or its direct products and/or the technologies and materials associated(or any part thereof) for any purpose prohibited by U.S. laws. Otherwise, any license or authorization to you of the Software shall be automatically terminated immediately whenever you behave in violation of any representation or warranty mentioned above. In such case, you're obliged to immediately inform WPS Office of such circumstance and stop using the Software and/or its direct products and/or the technologies and/or materials associated meantime, and WPS Office has the right not to provide you with the Software and/or coincident service without any liability, nor to give you any refund or compensation, and may claim you to assume all relevant liabilities accordingly and indemnify WPS Office for any and all losses and damages resulting from your violation of any of the above statements or warranties.
17. Governing Law
17. Governing Law
21. Third-party Resources Pack
21. Third-party Resources Pack
22. Contact Us
22. Contact Us