Please carefully read and understand all rights and restrictions specified in this End User License Agreement for WPS Office (the Agreement,or thisAgreement) before installing or using this WPS Office software (the Software). The Agreement is a legal agreement between you(user, your, you) and WPS Software Pte. Ltd. (WPS Office ,we, us, our) applicable to the Software.
By installing or using the Software on any device and/or acknowledging and agreeing to this Agreement from within the Software, you agree to all of the terms and conditions in this Agreement with WPS Office. In addition, when using the Software, you shall comply with all terms and conditions in other agreements (if any) that you entered into with WPS Office for your right to use the Software or the license document (if any) issued by WPS Office to prove you have the rights to use the Software.
(1) WPS Office grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license, which shall be subject to restrictions and limitations as stipulated in other paragraphs of this Agreement, to use the Software on devices(for purpose of this Agreement, devices including but not limited to computer, tablet computer, smartphone, wearable device) in areas other than Chinese Mainland (referring to Chinese Mainland means areas within the territory of the People's Republic of China, excluding Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region and Taiwan), provided you accept to be bound by the terms hereof, and comply with all terms and conditions herein and in other agreements (if any) that you entered into with WPS Office.
(2) When the Software is provided for free, as called WPS Office Free or whatever, the Software may be a functionally restricted version (i.e. certain features or functions of the Software will be restricted/ unavailable). WPS Office determines in its sole discretion which features or functions are restricted/ unavailable, and WPS Office in its sole discretion may adjust at any time feature or function of the Software that are to be restricted/ unavailable. WPS Office provides NO WARRANTIES OR SERVICES for the functionally restricted version. Your use of the restricted version of the Software is at your sole risk and responsibility.
(3) With respect to the functionally restricted version of the Software, you agree to and acknowledge:
a. You shall only use the functionally restricted version on your personally owned device for your personal, non-commercial use. No commercial entities or organizations are permitted to use the functionally restricted version of the Software.
b. WPS Office will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice (via the official website for the Software), prior to amending its policies in connection with the functionally restricted version of the Software, including without limitation, reducing the functions, setting the use period, terminating the license, etc.;
c. You shall not transfer the functionally restricted version of the Software or by any other means attempt to resell, re-license, lease or otherwise transfer the functionally restricted version of the Software for any consideration/ purpose.
(4) For any use of the Software other than for your personal, non-commercial use, you shall pay for WPS Office Premium Service(based on online service), or use license of WPS Office Professional or WPS Office Business to WPS Office to obtain business license, however, for any use of the Software, if you are on behalf of any non-natural person , such as company or any other legal entity or any unincorporated organization, you or such non-natural person must pay for use license of WPS Office Business to WPS Office to obtain business license, through WPS Office itself or an agent, dealer or partner thereof. Otherwise, your use of the Software is not authorized. Where you obtain business license of the Software, you are entitled to use certain functions restricted in the functionally restricted version of the Software within and only within the scope of license and use period. The functions available depends on what you pay for.
(5) If you want to get access to certain functions, such as PDF converter, PDF editor, More Cloud storage, Translation, OCR, restricted in the functionally restricted version of the Software, you shall pay for extra service or extra license, such as WPS Office Premium Service(based on online service), use license of WPS Professional or WPS Office Business, as required by WPS Office at that time. After such payment you are entitled to use corresponding function(s) of the Software within and only within the scope of such extra service or extra license and applicable use period.
(6) WPS Office may provide you with a trial period of the Software (Trial Period) provided that you satisfy the conditions as required by us in that time, during which the Software may without function restriction, determined and modified from time to time by WPS Office in its sole discretion. If you want to continue legally using the non-functionally restricted version of the Software after the expiration of the trial period, you shall pay for extra service or extra license, as described above, at or before the expiration of the trial period. After such payment you are entitled to use corresponding function(s) of the Software within and only within the scope of such extra service or extra license and applicable use period.
(7) Where you fail to pay for WPS Office extra service or extra license, or when such extra service, extra license expires, WPS Office will be entitled at its own discretion to terminate the such extra service or extra license or convert the Software to a functionally restricted version. WPS Office determines in its sole discretion which features or functions are restricted/ unavailable, and WPS Office in its sole discretion may adjust at any time the functions of the Software that are to be restricted/ unavailable. WPS Office provides NO WARRANTIES OR SERVICES for the functionally restricted version. Your use of the restricted version of the Software is at your sole risk and responsibility. Where you want to continue legally using the non-functionally restricted version of the Software after the expiration of extra service or extra license, you must renew such extra service or extra license at or before the expiration thereof. However, the functions available depends on what you pay for.
(8) Without prejudice to the foregoing extra service or extra license you have paid for, WPS Office may amend any of the policies applicable to the Software, including without limitation, charging users who use WPS Office Free, reducing the functions of the Software, setting the use period, terminating the license, etc.;
(9) Where the Software is a version for iOS(WPS Office for iOS), the following provisions shall be further applied: (a) the restrictions and protections for WPS Office set forth in any standard EULA included with iOS/iTunes or other applicable Apple Inc. terms and conditions are in addition to and not in limitation of this Agreement; (b) the Software is limited to be normally installed and used on iPad and iPhone devices with one of the latest two iOS versions at the time of release of the corresponding version of the Software (hereinafter collectively referred to as iOS Devices), and each updated or upgraded version of the Software is limited to be normally installed and used on iOS Devices with one of the latest two iOS versions at the time of release of the updated or upgraded version of the Software, for example, the latest version of the Software released as of July 10, 2017 can only support iOS9 and iOS10 and is not supported for iOS7 and iOS8; (c) unless otherwise determined by WPS Office in its sole discretion, each updated or upgraded version of the Software will only support the latest iOS and the immediately prior iOS (e.g. iOS9 and iOS10, until iOS 11 is released, then iOS10 and iOS11, etc.).
(10) This Agreement only applies to aforesaid non-Chinese versions of the Software for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS and iOS, where your software is for any other OS or any Chinese version of the Software for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS and iOS (Inapplicable Software), this Agreement shall not apply. You shall agree to and accept the end user license agreement attached to such Inapplicable Software before you legally install and use it.
(11) You understand and acknowledge that you may only download the Software and obtain extra service or extra license of the Software in and only in one of the following ways: (1) directly from WPS Office; (2) from authorized dealers, distributors, agents, retailers, mobile App stores, etc. of WPS Office; (3) from any third party who has the right to sub-license the Software. However you shall install and use the Software by strictly following the scope of license, license period (if any) and licensed use purpose agreed in other applicable agreement entered into between you and WPS Office or in a license document (if any) issued by WPS Office to prove you are entitled to use the Software (where any discrepancy exists between the applicable agreement (if any) entered into between you and WPS Office and the license document issued by WPS Office to prove you are entitled to use the Software, the applicable agreement shall prevail).
(12) Operating environment requirements of the Software:
WPS Office for Windows:
OS: Windows 10/Windows 7
CPU: Dual-core processor or above is recommended
Memory: 2GB or above is recommended
Hard disk: 4GB or more available space is recommended
WPS Office for Linux:
Memory: At least 2GB
Hard disk: At least 2GB
WPS Office for Mac：
macOS: macOS 10.12 or higher
CPU: Dual Core Processor or higher
Memory: At least 2 GB
Hard disk: At least 4 GB available space
WPS Office for Android:
Android 4.1 or later
WPS Office for iOS：
As referred to in paragraph (9) of Article 1.
(1) The email address that you provide is one of means for your notification to receive the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software to replace, alter or upgrade the Software (including notification of any applicable charges due for such replacement, alteration, or upgrade).
(2) You may choose to accept (including all the scenarios where you have set your computer or device to automatically update the Software) at your own discretion the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software provided to you by WPS Office to replace, alter or upgrade the Software. Where you do not accept the replacement, alteration or upgrade version of the Software, you shall not download, install or use the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software. Your download of the replacement, alteration or upgrade version of the Software indicates that: (a) you agree to accept the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software, and (b) you undertake that you have satisfied and agreed to all the terms to use the replacement, alteration or upgrade version of the Software specified herein.
(3) You hereby understand and acknowledge after the publishing of the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software, WPS Office will not guarantee that previous versions (versions prior to the publishing of the replacement, alteration or upgrade version) will remain available or functional. WPS Office reserves the right to unilaterally alter or restrict some functions and effects of the Software for its commercial purposes, and you shall assume the risks arising therefrom.
(4) Unless otherwise set forth in an agreement between you and us, the replacement, alteration or upgraded version of the Software that WPS Office provides to you shall be deemed to be a part of the Software and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In addition, the content of extra service or extra license of the Software purchased by you shall be subject to edition or function of the Software we have promised to provide at the time of purchase, unless otherwise agreed to by you and us, it does not include subsequent editions, updates of the Software, does not include other functions, plug-ins or any other products or services that we have not promised to provide at the time of purchase.
(5) Upon your acceptance of the new version of the Software, you agree that: a) you accept the new version of the Software and all the superseding agreements (if any) provided together; (b) Your rights to use the previous versions of the Software are hereby terminated.
(1) Except that you have paid for and during the period of service as described in following paragraph, regardless of whether it is a version for Windows, Linux, Android, macOS or iOS, WPS Office may, in its sole discretion, publish advertisements to promote products or services of WPS Office, or of any third party by utilizing the Software, and all the revenue (if any) generated from such advertisements will belong solely to WPS Office.
(2) WPS Office may, at its sole discretion and pursuant to its then in effect policy, provide paid services (based on WPS Office Online Service) to allow you to remove, cancel or no longer receive such advertisement conditioned upon your payment for such services in accordance with the then in effect policy of WPS Office; WPS Office will, at its sole discretion, from time to time, alter, change or vary, without prior notice to you, the form, pattern or scope of displaying, advertising.
(3) You acknowledge and agree that all the content, including without limitation, the advertisement, and content included therein or other promotion materials displayed to you via the Software, is protected by the intellectual property rights of WPS Office and/or its advertisers. You shall not modify, rent, lease, lend, sell or distribute such content, regardless of in whole or in part, or create any derivative works based on such content, except to the extent you are separately licensed to do so under separate agreements or business rules of WPS Office or its advertisers.
(4) The communications, correspondence, business contacts, participation in promotion activity, payment and delivery of products or services, or the terms and conditions, representations and warranties, and disclaimers between you and advertisers communicated through the Software or otherwise are solely between you and such advertisers, and WPS Office does not undertake any obligations to review, investigate or examine the advertisements or the advertisers, and WPS Office will not be liable to you or the advertisers for any kinds of damages or losses arising out of the foregoing matters. WPS Office has no responsibility or liability for any transactions you enter into with any advertiser, content provider.
(2) WPS Product Refund Regulation
1)The refund regulation for license of products that need use activation code to activate the license ( such as, WPS business edition life time license, WPS PDF to Word Converter and WPS Data Recovery Master etc..)
- Full refund is acceptable within 30 days after purchasing.
- No refund is accepted if the purchasing for activation codes is beyond 30 days.
2)The refund regulation for subscription service ( Refers to service purchased for certain period of certain use rights after logging into a WPS Office Online Service Account, and such service can only be available when logging into the said Account during the period of such subscription, like subscription of WPS Premium or other subscription products)
- Payments are non-refundable. There is no refund for any part or all of subscription period whether it is used or not. You can cancel at any time to stop future charges, following any cancellation, you will continue to have access to the applicable services through the end of your current subscription period. However, due to quality issue (such as system bug, discrepancy between promise and actual situation.) or required by law,we may provide part or all of the refund at our sole and absolute discretion.
3)Subscription Cancellations:The steps to cancel your subscription will vary based on your payment method. In Google play, for example,You can visit for unsubscription assistance.To avoid any charges, you must cancel before the end of the free trial period or the current billing period.We shall not be responsible for any loss caused by failure to cancel the subscription in time.
(1) Within the Software you may log into the WPS Office Online Service for Value-added Services, you may obtain via the such as template application service, online font application service, literary work subscription service, etc. Unless WPS Office explicitly states such Value-added Services are included in the Software, such Value-added Services are independent of the functions of the Software, and are not part of the regular functions of the Software. You understand and acknowledge, even if you pay WPS Office for the Software or some functions thereof, such fees you paid do not include service fee for such Value-added Services, and such Value-added Services are charged separately. Where you need to use such Value-added Services, you shall read and accept the agreements and terms or statements attached to such Value-added Services, pay corresponding service fees to WPS Office as specified in such agreements or terms and as per the then relevant billing policies of WPS Office (WPS Office may, in its own discretion, determine specific billing policies, adjust them from time to time and provide them on this applicable website), and use the Value-added Services only as per such agreements or terms.
(2) Intellectual property rights in or to any Value-added Service and results of any Value-added Service provided to you with or without charges shall belong to WPS Office and/or its licensors/right holders. Value-added Services and results of any Value-added Service shall only be used for your personal non-business purpose in WPS Office software or other software as be permitted by WPS Office, and shall not be used in any other unauthorized purpose, or sold, offered for sale, rented, distributed, translated, provided, licensed, used, or utilized in other forms for any third party or on behalf of any third party.
(3) Only if you have agreed agreements or statements related to a Value-added Service, in addition, 1) when a Value-added Service or any part of it is not for free, you have to make a payment which includes such Value-added Service or any part of it through channel authorized by WPS Office at corresponding price, or 2) when a Value-added Service or any part of it is for free (if any), you agree that WPS Office has rights to add or update, modify condition and/or term of validity to such Value-added Service or any part of it, besides that, you clearly understand, and completely agree with this relevant agreements and/or statements, then, you may enjoy Value-added Service or any part of it subject to stipulations provided in foregoing relevant agreements and/or statements. You may still be required to confirm your understanding and consent to all and part of the above terms before you enjoy a Value-added Service or any part of it.
(4) Literary work subscription service shall further subject to following provisions: Reading right to chapters or sections subscribed in a literary work shall be limited to a period of one year , and to four(4) devices, except otherwise stipulated at the time of subscription. You hereby agree that we have the right to terminate your subscription of a literary work in advance upon expiration of a period of three(3) months after end of the authorization granted by its Licensor. However, we will not assume any responsibility or make any compensation to you for the author's or the work's own reasons (such as violation of laws and regulations, government policies or industry rules, copyright disputes, etc.) or other legal reasons that lead to the off shelf of the work, the work blocked and unable to read normally.
(1) The total liability of WPS Office to you from all causes of action hereunder will be limited to the total amounts paid to WPS Office by you for the use of the Software in the twelve (12) months prior to the act giving rise to the liability, or, in the event that WPS Office has made the Software available to you without charge, the total liabilities of WPS Office hereunder shall not exceed $100. In no event will WPS Office or its providers be liable to you or any third party for any special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including without limitation, loss of data, business, profits) or for the cost of procuring substitute products, arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or the execution or performance of the Software, whether such liability arises from any claim based on contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not WPS Office has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. The foregoing limitations will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the corresponding limitation or exclusion above may not apply to you.
(2) WPS Office shall not be liable for any failure or delay in providing any Software hereunder if such failure or delay is due to an act of God, fire, casualty, flood, war, terrorism, strike, lockout, labor trouble, failure of public utilities, facility shutdown, injunction, epidemic, riot, insurrection or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of WPS Office which prevents or delays performance by WPS Office under this Agreement.
(3) You shall indemnify, defend and hold WPS Office harmless from and against any and all claims arising out of your use of the Software, your breach of this Agreement or any other actions or omissions in connection with your use of the Software (including but not limited to all actions taken via any WPS or partner account), and indemnify and hold WPS Office (including its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, officers, agents, employees, advertisers and partners) harmless from and against all losses (including direct and indirect losses and damages however characterized) and all expenses therefrom (including legal cost, appraisal fee, and attorneys' fee, other third-party professional agencies' fee, etc.) where liabilities, damages (actual or indirect), losses and expenses (including legal and other disciplinary fee) are incurred by WPS Office. In the event of such claims, WPS Office will send you the notification on such claims, litigations and actions according to your contact information in your account. Even if you fail to receive such notification, your indemnification obligations hereunder shall not be eliminated or mitigated thereby.
(1) You represent and warrant that the Software together with its direct products as well as the technologies and materials associated, may not:
(i) be downloaded, installed, provided or sublicensed within the territories of any countries or regions and to any of its government departments (without limitation to its staff individuals and entities, or any individuals or entities to be in controlled of, action for or on behalf of such government department), or to any entities or individuals within which located, established or registered, or inhabited, providing that such countries, regions, governments, individuals and entities are subject to sanctions or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties, as maintained by the United Nations Bureau of Industry and Security(BIS), the US Treasury or or other applicable US government authorities (hereinafter refers to as Sanctions Institutions;
(ii) be downloaded, installed, provided or sublicensed to the entities or individuals particularly associated with certain industries subject to US sanction as maintained by Sanctions Institutions;
(iii) be downloaded, installed, provided or sublicensed to any entities or individuals subject to sanctions by designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties maintained by Sanctions Institutions;
(iv) be downloaded, installed, provided or sublicensed to any entities whose at least 50% stock equlity or share are controlled or possessed by any individuals or entities prescribed within paragraph (i), (ii), (iii), directly or indirectly, jointly or individually, by any means, including but not to limited to agreement arrangements or any otherwise.
(v) be used for any purposes prohibited by U.S. laws, including but not limited to the proliferation of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
(2) By downloading the Software, you agree to be bound by all of the above terms and conditions, and you hereby represent and warrant that 1) you will comply with all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. economic sanctions and export control laws and regulations, including but not limited to the economic sanctions regulations implemented under statutory authority and/or Executive Orders and administered by the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) (31 C.F.R. Part 500 et seq.), the U.S. Commerce Department's Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. Part 730 et seq.), the economic sanctions rules and regulations of the European Council, United Kingdom, and EU Member States, and EU's Dual-use Regulation 428/2009 (collectively, Trade Control Laws), 2) you do not belong to any kind of the sanctioned individuals or entities as listed above in paragraph (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) and shall not belong to the said individuals or entities during the period uninterrupted starting from you getting the license of the Software till its expire, and you shall not use the Software , and/or its direct products and/or the technologies and materials associated(or any part thereof) for any purpose prohibited by U.S. laws. Otherwise, any license or authorization to you of the Software shall be automatically terminated immediately whenever you behave in violation of any representation or warranty mentioned above. In such case, you're obliged to immediately inform WPS Office of such circumstance and stop using the Software and/or its direct products and/or the technologies and/or materials associated meantime, and WPS Office has the right not to provide you with the Software and/or coincident service without any liability, nor to give you any refund or compensation, and may claim you to assume all relevant liabilities accordingly and indemnify WPS Office for any and all losses and damages resulting from your violation of any of the above statements or warranties.
(1) The English version is the official version of this Agreement, and other language versions (if any) of this Agreement are provided for your reference only. Should there be any discrepancy between the English version and version of any other language, the English version shall prevail.
(2) You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any rights granted hereunder, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of WPS Office, and any attempt by you to do so, without such consent, will be void.
(3) Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under this Agreement will be without prejudice to its other remedies under this Agreement or otherwise.
(4) The failure by either party to enforce any provision hereof will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision.
(5) If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, it will be executed to the fullest extent possible, whilst the other provisions shall remain in effect.
(6) This Agreement constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior proposals, understandings or communications regarding this subject matter, verbal or written, unless you and WPS Office have executed a separate agreement (For purpose of clarity, the purchase order or ordering documents described below do not constitute separate agreements). Any terms or conditions contained in your purchase order or other ordering document that are inconsistent with the terms and conditions hereof are hereby rejected by WPS Office and will not apply.
(8) If you are using any part or whole of the Software and accepting the terms hereof on behalf of any non-natural person , such as company or any other legal entity or any unincorporated organization, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind such non-natural person to the terms hereof, and, in such event, you or your will refer to such non-natural person. If you do not accept all the terms hereof as set forth above, WPS Office is unwilling to license the Software to you, and you shall not install or use the Software . If WPS Office has made the Software available to you without charge, then you must immediately stop using the Software with no refund. In either case you must destroy all copies ( if any) of the Software.
(9) As noted above, WPS Office may modify or alter this Agreement at any time. In addition, WPS Office may provide additional terms and conditions via the Software or the Official Website and your use of the Software (and/or any acknowledgment of such additional terms and conditions) constitutes your acceptance of any such additional terms and conditions. Any amendment to this Agreement by you must be agreed to by us in writing (excluding email) and executed by an authorized officer of WPS Office.
(1) In the Event the Software licensed to you contains Equation Editor resources pack (which may or may not apply depending on your Software version and OS), you acknowledge and agree to the following:
1)The Equation Editor resources pack as integrated into the Software licensed to you is a part thereof and can only be used as part of the Software subject to compliance with all of the terms of this Agreement. In no event shall you have the right to transfer, sell, distribute, sub-license or re-license separate Equation Editor resources pack or license or sublicense others to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions, any permitted transfer of the Software must include the transfer of Equation Editor resources pack if and when: (a) You have the right to transfer the Software, as per this Agreement and other agreements (if any) that you entered into with WPS Office to obtain the license in connection with the Software (Where this Agreement is contradictory with other agreements (if any) that you entered into with WPS Office to obtain the license in connection with the Software, the latter shall prevail); and (b) the transfer of the Equation Editor resources pack must be with the permitted transfer of the Software and not as a separate transaction.
2)The licensed scope of use and right restriction provisions for Equation Editor resources pack, a component of the Software licensed to you, shall apply both this Agreement and the separate end user license agreement of Equation Editor resources pack (End User License Agreement of Design Science) which you must acknowledge and agree to prior to use of the Software with Equation Editor. A link to the End User License Agreement of Design Science is set forth below. Where any inconsistency exists between the two license agreements, the provisions which are more protective of Design Science and WPS Office shall prevail.
3)WPS Office does not provide any warranty for and shall not held liable for Equation Editor resources pack, which is the product of Design Science. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE (INCLUDING TO DESIGN SCIENCE) FOR YOUR USE OF THE EQUATION EDITOR.
4)You shall not export, disseminate or distribute any component of such third-party sources pack or the Software containing such third-party sources pack to any country that is prohibited to do so according to governing U.S. laws and regulations.
(2) The use of Equation Editor resources shall be subject to :
is the registered trademark of Design Science (<
http://www.dessci.com>) in the United States and/or other countries.
DESIGN SCIENCE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
DESIGN SCIENCE ATTRIBUTION