How to calculate top 10 in WPS Office Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In this article, you will know how to calculate top 10 in excel with simple steps as following:
Here we take a scholarship table as an example. Suppose we want to calculate the top 10 scholarships.
· Find out the top 10 values in WPS Spreadsheet
Here are two methods to find out the top 10 values in WPS Spreadsheet.
o Method 1: We can use the Conditional Formatting function to highlight the top 10 values.
1. Select the cell range, click the Conditional Formatting drop-down button in the Home tab.
2. Choose Top/Bottom Rules, and select Top 10 Items.
3. Set the format in the pop-up dialog and click OK.
4. Now the top 10 values are highlighted in the desired format.
Clickto watch the video tutorial to learn more aboutthe Conditional Formatting function in WPS Spreadsheet.
o Method 2: We can use the AutoFilter function and the RANK function to rank the top 10 values.
First, use the AutoFilter function.
1. Click any cell of the table, click the AutoFilter button in the Home tab and you can see an inverted triangle button(filter button) appear in the header area of the table.
2. Click the AutoFilter button, and click Descending, and then the values are sorted from highest to lowest.
Click to watch the video tutorial to learn more about the AutoFilter function.
Second, use the RANK function.
1. In this example, click the cell F3, and enter the formula: =RANK(E3, E$3:E$20).
2. Then use the fill handle to fill the rest cells.
Click to watch the video tutorial to learn more about the RANK function.
· Calculate the top 10 values further
You are free to calculate the results we get from the previous steps. Here are some tutorials for you to know about the commonly used functions in calculation. Try to practice them by yourself!
The AVERAGE, MAXIMUM, MINIMUM functions | WPS Academy Free Office Courses
Use SUM function to quickly calculate the sum | WPS Academy Free Office Courses
Efficient statistics with statistical functions| WPS Academy Free Office Courses
· What is WPS Spreadsheet?
WPS Spreadsheet is a module of WPS Office(an acronym for Writer, Presentation and Spreadsheet). WPS Spreadsheet is consistent with Excel document, which helps users to work with high efficiency. Its personal basic version is free to use and it also provides abundant functions and unique features for you to explore.
WPS Office Spreadsheet helps to cope with messy data. The calculation related functions allow you to process data explicitly. If you don't know how to get started, WPS Academy will lead you to step by step to use formulas and sorting skills.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)