How to set or remove passwords in Word documents
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
1. Open your word document, and click Menu → Document Encryption → Encryption.
There are two kinds of passwords you can set or remove.
In the right part, you can set or remove the password for opening this document.
In the left part, you can set or remove the password for modifying this document when sharing with other people.
We set the password for opening the document as an example.
2. Enter your password in the Document password text box, and reenter it in the Reenter password text box. We can also set the hint to remind ourselves of the password in the Password hint text box. When we finish, click OK.
3. If we need to remove the password for this document, go back to the Encryption dialog and delete the password in the text box, and then click OK.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How can we change the spacing before and after a paragraph in WPS Writer
- 2. Explanations on print interface
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. Use COUNTIF function for conditional statistics
- 5. How to set up a slideshow in WPS Presentation
- 6. Use SUM function to quickly calculate the sum