Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to strike through text in excel
Are you finding ways to strikethrough in excel? many people search it on google and there are plenty of ways that can be sued to strikethrough the text in excel. In this blog, we will be guiding you to strikethrough the text in excel. The method that will be discussed in the blog is applicable for versions for 2016/2019/mac/online.
Here we will guide you step by step to strikethrough text in excel. In this post, we will explain different easy methods that can save your time and you can strikethrough the text by following the simple procedure. By following the simple steps, you can strikethrough the text in a few moments. The method is applied to all versions from 2016/2019/mac/online.
Use Of Strikethrough Function To Strikethrough Text In Excel
Here is one of the simplest methods that you can use to strikethrough text in excel. This method can be used for all versions of 2016/2019/mac/online. Follow these simple steps that are mentioned below to strikethrough the text in a few moments.
1. Write the text in the cells.
2. Select the cell, whose text you want to strikethrough.
3. Press ctrl+1 and a new dialogue window will open in front of you.
4. Select font and a new dialogue will open in front of you.
5. Check mark (click) the box of strikethrough function and press ok.
6. After pressing ok, a line will be drawn on the text.
7. Repeat the procedure for other cells too.
Strikethrough Text Shortcut (Ctrl+5)
Here is a method that you can follow to strikethrough the text in excel. this method is applicable to all versions for 2016/2019/mac/online. By following the simple steps, you can strikethrough text in excel. Follow the following steps:
1. In the first step, write text in the cells.
2. In this step select the cell, whose text you want to strikethrough.
3. After selecting the cell, press ctrl+5.
4. Similarly, by repeating the procedure you can use this method for text in other cells.
The Functionality Of Different Methods Explained
In this post, you were successfully able to understand how the text can be strikethrough in excel. this is very simple and easy to do. You need to follow just a few simple steps and in just moments you can strikethrough text. with the help of this post, you can now strike through the text more easily and more often in excel.
By making use of shortcuts, you can strikethrough the text in just seconds, it is the easiest way to strikethrough the text. There are several other advantages of excel too that you will be able to learn through the blogs of WPS academy. This is the simplest way to strikethrough the text in excel.
Did you learn about How to strikethrough text in excel? You can follow WPS academy to learn more features of Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint free of cost. Download Now! And get an enjoyable working space.
FAQs about strikethrough in Excel:
1. What is Strikethrough Text in Excel?
Strikethrough is a formatting option in Excel that allows users to add a straight line in the middle of the text. Strikethrough is often used to indicate errors or obsolete items in the list. Using formatting options and keyboard shortcuts, you can easily apply or remove strikethrough in Excel.
2. Can I Customise the Color of Strikethrough in Excel?
In Excel, the colour of the strikethrough is the same as that of the text by default. However, if you change the text’s colour, the strikethrough’s colour will also change automatically.
3. Why is Strikethrough Not Working in Excel?
There can be multiple reasons for strikethrough not working in Excel. If the background colour of the cells and the font colour is the same, the strikethrough will not be visible. If any conditional formatting is applied to the cells, the manual formatting will not work, and strikethrough will not work in Excel. By resolving these issues, you can easily add strikethrough in Excel.
4. How to add strikethrough in multiple cells in Excel?
If you want to apply strikethrough on a range of cells, you can simply select the range and then apply strikethrough by either “ctrl + 5” or by going to the format cell option. If you want to apply strikethrough on cells that are not adjacent to each other, you can select multiple cells by pressing the Ctrl key. Once the cells have been selected, you can simply apply strikethrough by either method stated above.
Overall, the strikethrough formatting feature of Excel enables you to present and manage your data effectively. If you want to highlight outdated information, mark the completion of tasks, indicate deletion, or emphasise the changes in the text, strikethrough is the best option. In addition, the strikethrough feature of Excel also applies to multiple cells. Hence, strikethrough is a valuable tool to manage and track changes in your data.
WPS Office is a powerful productivity tool known for its compatibility with multiple Word, Excel, and PowerPoint file formats. WPS Office offers advanced features and functionalities that empower users to create professional and visually appealing documents. Downloading the WPS Office is very simple and just one click away. To download, click on the link https://www.wps.com/home/.
- 1. How to set the text color of the text comment box in the PDF file
- 2. How to Conduct Data Analysis through Excel
- 3. Text Function In Excel: How to Format Excel Codes
- 4. How to modify the text color of a text box in the PDF file
- 5. How to convert number to text using the Excel TEXT function in Excel
- 6. How to put a line through text in Excel