Numbering items in a worksheet
· Option 1:
1. Open the spreadsheet with WPS Office.
2. Enter the beginning number in the first cell where we want to start the numbering. In the example below, the numbering will start from the number “1”.
3. Select the cell range to be filled.
4. Click the Fill button again → choose series → change the settings as demonstrated below
a. Series in: choose “Columns”
b. Type: choose “Linear”
c. Step value: enter “1” (from which to start the numbering)
d. Stop value: enter “14” (where the numbering will end)
5. Click OK to complete operation.
· Option 2:
1. Enter the first two numbers in the first two cells where to start the numbering. In the demonstration below, “1” and “2” are respectively input in cells A2 and A3.
2. Select cells A2 and A3, and place the cursor at the right-bottom corner of the beginning cell, until the symbol “+” presents.
3. Use the mouse to drag the symbol “+” to the cell where we want the numbering ends.
To be office excel advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Spreadsheet online in WPS Academy.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 2. How to use tabs to align text quickly in WPS Writer
- 3. How to customize the font in WPS Writer
- 4. Use format painter to quickly unify text formatting
- 5. How can we use equation editor in WPS Writer
- 6. How to set header and footer in WPS Presentation