Why wrap text not working in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
People sometimes have trouble using the wrap text function in excel. When you search that wrap text is not working in excel many solutions appear. In this blog, we will guide you and explain different methods or explain different reasons why wrap text is not working in excel. The methods are appropriate for all versions for 2016/2019/mac/online.
With the help of this blog, you will be able to know why wrap text is not working in excel. Different methods will be explained, and these methods will be applied to all the versions for 2016/2019/mac/online. So just by knowing a few things you can know why wrap text is not working in excel and how you can solve the issues.
Method 1 For Solving The Problem Of Wrap Text Not Working In Excel (Unmerge Cells)
The first reason is that the cells in excel might be merged. If cells are merged, then the wrap text function cannot be applied to cells. To solve this, we need to unmerge the cells. By following the following steps, you can un-merge the cells in excel. This method is applicable for all the versions for 2016/2019/mac/online.
1. Select the cells that are merged.
2. From the home tab, select the merge and center and a new dropdown menu will be visible. Select unmerge cells.
3. After selecting unmerge, the cells will unmerge and then you can apply the wrap text function
Method 2 For Solving The Problem Of Wrap Text Not Working In Excel (Horizontal Alignment)
In excel sometimes it often happens that the data in each cell is more than the length of the cell. So, to fix this we have a solution. Follow the following steps and with the help of horizontal alignment, you can fix the problem of wrap text in excel. this method is also applicable for all the versions for 2016/2019/mac/online.
1. Select the cell.
2. A new window will appear in front of you, press the option of format cells.
3. After pressing the format, a new window will appear in front of you.
4. First, select the option of alignment, and from the horizontal tab, press general, and then click ok.
5. After pressing ok, the issue will be resolved.
Functionality Of Methods
These methods that have been discussed are easy to follow and involve few steps. We have discussed the simplest methods to solve the issue of why wrap text is not working in excel. The aim of this blog is to explain methods through which one can solve the issue of wrap text not working in excel. We aim to explain the simplest and easiest ways that can be helpful for the users.
Did you learn about why wrap text is not working in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences