Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to add a line in excel cell on Mac
I'll demonstrate how to insert a new line into an Excel cell in this lesson.
How to start a line in excel cell using keyboard shortcut online, 2016 and 2019
You may use the next keyboard shortcut to begin a fresh line in an Excel cell:
For Windows ; ALT + Enter.
For Mac ; Control + Option + Enter.
Using the keyboard shortcut ALT + ENTER, follow these steps to begin a new line in an Excel cell:
To add a line break, simply double-click on the cell (or press F2 key to get into the edit mode).
Set the cursor where you wish the line break to appear.
For Windows, hold the ALT key down while pressing the Enter key. For Mac, hold down the Control and Option keys while pressing the Enter key.
How to add a line in excel cell using formula
When manually inputting data and need a few line breaks, a keyboard shortcut is acceptable. However, you may use a formula to achieve this if you need to join cells and receive a line break while doing so.
Using Text Join formula
Consider the following dataset, which you want to combine to get the name and the address in the same cell (each component in a different line):
This may be accomplished using the formula:
3. The end result may first seem as a single line that combines all of the address elements (as shown below).
4. Make sure the wrap text function is turned on to ensure that there are line breaks between each section.
5. Pick the cells containing the results, select the Home tab, then select the 'Wrap Text' option under the alignment group to allow Wrap text.
6. When you select the Wrap Text option, the information that appears (with each address element on a separate line) is as follows:
Using Concatenate Fomula to add line in excel:
The TEXTJOIN formula won't be available if you're using Excel 2016 or an earlier version.
In order to join cells and create a line break between them, you can use the trusted CONCATENATE function (or the ampersand & character).
Again, assuming you wish to combine the dataset that is seen below and add a line break between each cell:
For instance, the following would result from combining the text in these cells with an ampersand (&):
Note: This was an attempt to show you how to add a line in excel cell online, 2016 and 2019, in both windows and mac.
To get the newest version of WPS Office, you must first access this operating interface.
\You just need to have a little understanding of how and which way things work and you are good to go. With having this basic knowledge or information of how to use it, you can also access and use different other options on excel or spreadsheet. Also, it is very similar to Word or Document. So, in a way, if you learn one thing, like Excel, you can automatically learn how to use Word as well because both of them are very similar in so many ways. If you want to know more about WPS Office, you can download WPS Office to access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint for free.
- 1. How to add vertical line to excel chart in excel graph
- 2. Excel formula: if cell contains text then return value in another cell
- 3. How to Insert Line Break inside a Cell in Excel on Mac
- 4. How to add line of best fit in excel on mac
- 5. Adjust line spacing for text contents in a cell
- 6. How to insert a line break inside a cell in WPS Spreadsheet