How to combine first and last names
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
How can we merge different cells while keeping all contents inside? Follow these few steps.
Suppose that we need to combine the contents in cell B3 and C3.
1. Enter =A3&B3 in cell D3.
2. Then you’ll find the the first and last name combined in cell D3.
However, we know that there should be a space between each first and last name. Can we realize it?
1. Enter =A3&&B3 in cell D3. (Note that there should be a space within the pair of quotation marks, regarding the language habits of English users.)
2. Then you’ll get the expected result.
To be office excel advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Spreadsheet online in WPS Academy.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula