AI Supplementary Terms
These AI Supplementary Terms (“AI Terms”) form a part of the WPS Office Online Service User Agreement and End User License Agreement for WPS Office,as applicable, between you and WPS Software Pte.Ltd. (the “Agreement”). These AI Terms apply to your access and use of any AI feature(s) or functionality. Any terms used herein have the same meaning as in the Agreement.
(1) “AI” refers to any feature(s) or functionality made available by WPS Office through the API of Azure Open AI provided by Microsoft that utilize data models trained by machine learning.
(2) The definitions not mentioned in these AI terms shall have the same meaning as in the Agreement.
2. Registration and Access
(1) The AI service is only allowed to be used in the areas outside the Chinese Mainland, and it is not accessible and allowed when your are in Chinese Mainland. If you take illegal actions to use the AI service from Chinese Mainland, all the legal consequences shall be borne by yourself and WPS will not assume any liability arising from this;
(2) You must be at least 16 years old to use the AI services. If you are under 16 (or otherwise provided by the related jurisdiction), you are not permitted to use AI services unless you have verifiable permission of your parent or legal guardian to use the AI services. Once a child uses AI services in whole or part, such action shall be deemed representing that his/her parents agree with these AI terms and the Agreement.
(3) If you use the AI service on behalf of another person or entity, you must have the authority to accept the Terms on their behalf. You must provide accurate and complete information to register for an account. You may not make your access credentials or account available to others outside your organization, and you are responsible for all activities that occur using your credentials.
(4) WPS has the right to impose limits on the number of Outputs you can create with AI. You will be notified when you have reached the maximum number of Outputs for your account.
(1) Your Content. You may provide input to the AI services (“Input”), and receive output generated and returned by the AI services based on the Input (“Output”). Input and Output are collectively “Content”(the same below). You are solely responsible for the Content and the development, operation, maintenance and use of the Content. For all inputs you submit to the AI service, you grant WPS and our affiliates to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, display, create derivative works of, and/or grant other users to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, display, create derivative works of (and/or any other rights as applicable) such inputs. You shall ensure that your Input and use of AI and Output will not: (i) violate any applicable law; (ii) violate these AI Terms (including the Addendum of Content&Usage policy and the Sharing&Publication policy) and the Agreement; or (iii) infringe, violate or misappropriate any of our rights or the rights of any third party.
You agree that there will not include any personal data (including but not limited to the data that reveals personally identifiable information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, health data or data concerning sex), business secret and other sensitive data in any Input to AI, otherwise, all the legal consequences caused by this shall be borne by yourself.
You may use the Output for any legal purpose provided that you comply with all applicable laws and regulations, these AI terms and that you accept that any such use is at your own risk. Please note that due to the limitations of AI technologies, the Output is not suitable to any scenarios, here are some considerations when choosing a use case:
Not suitable for open-ended, unconstrained content generation. Scenarios where users can generate content on any topic are more likely to produce offensive or harmful text. The same is true of longer generations.
Not suitable for scenarios where up-to-date, factually accurate information is crucial unless you have human reviewers or are using the models to search your own documents and have verified suitability for your scenario. The AI service does not have information about events that occur after its training date, likely has missing knowledge about some topics and may not always produce factually accurate information.
Avoid scenarios where use or misuse AI or the Output could result in significant physical or psychological injury to an individual. For example, scenarios that diagnose patients or prescribe medications have the potential to cause significant harm.
Avoid scenarios where use or misuse AI or the Output could have a consequential impact on life opportunities or legal status. Examples include scenarios where AI system could affect an individuals legal status, legal rights or there access to credit, education, employment, healthcare, housing, insurance, social welfare benefits, services, opportunities or the terms on which they are provided.
Avoid high stakes scenarios that could lead to harm. The models hosted by AI service reflect certain societal views, biases and other undesirable content present in the training data or the examples provided in the prompt. As a result, we caution against using AI or the Output in high-stakes scenarios where unfair, unreliable or offensive behavior might be costly or lead to harm.
Carefully consider uses cases in high stakes domains or industry. Examples include but are not limited to healthcare, medicine, finance or legal.
Carefully consider well-scoped chatbot scenarios. Limiting the use of the service in chatbots to a narrow domain reduces the risk of generating unintended or undesirable responses.
Carefully consider all generative use cases. Content generation scenarios may be more likely to produce unintended outputs and these scenarios require careful consideration and mitigation.
(2) Similarity of Content. Due to the nature of machine learning, Output may not unique across users and the AI may generate the same or similar Output for you or a third party. For example, you may provide Input to a model such as “What color is the sky?” and receive the Output such as “The sky is blue”. Other users may also ask similar questions and receive the same response. Responses that are requested by and generated for other users are not considered your Content.
(3) Use of Content to Improve AI. We do not use your Content to train the machine learning models used to provide the AI services. Your use of the AI does not grant us any right or license to your Content to train machine learning models.
(4) AI Feature Use Restrictions. You shall not use AI or Output (i) to mislead any person that Output from AI was solely human generated; (ii) in a manner that violates any applicable laws and regulations, technical documentation, usage guidelines, these AI terms and the Agreement. In the event that any of your Output is alleged to be unlawful or otherwise in breach of these AI terms, you acknowledge that WPS has the right to disclose such content to law enforcement or other governmental authorities or in a response to a court order.
(5) WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. WPS OFFICE DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF AI AND OUTPUT OR THE ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH AI. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF ANY AI FEATURE IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON FACYUAL ASSERTIONS IN OUTPUT WITHOUT INDEPENDENTLY FACT CHECKING THEIR ACCURACY. OUTPUT THAT APPEAR ACCURATE BECAUSE OF THEIR DETAIL OF SPECIFICITY MAY STILL CONTAIN MATERIAL INACCURACIES. AI CANNOT DYNAMICALLY RETRIEVE INFORMATION AND OUTPUT MAY NOT ACCOUNT FOR EVENTS OR CHANGES TO UNDERLYING FACTS OCCURRING AFTER THE AI MODEL WAS TRAINED. NO INFORMATION OR ADVICE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM AI OR THROUGH AI SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
(6) Accuracy. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are rapidly evolving fields of study. Given the probabilistic nature of machine learning, use of AI service may in some situations result in incorrect Output that does not accurately reflect real people, places, or facts. You should evaluate the accuracy of any Output as appropriate for your use case, including by using human review of the Output.
4. Fees and Payments
(1) Fees and Billing. You will pay all fees charged to your account (“Fees”) according to the prices and terms on the applicable pricing page, or as otherwise agreed between us in writing(if any). We have the right to correct pricing errors or mistakes even if we have already issued an invoice or received payment. You will provide complete and accurate billing information including a valid and authorized payment method. We will charge your payment method on an agreed-upon periodic basis, but may reasonably change the date on which the charge is posted. You authorize WPS and its affiliates, and our third-party payment processor(s), to charge your payment method for the Fees. If your payment cannot be completed, we have right to suspend your access to the AI services until payment is received. Payments are nonrefundable except as provided in this Agreement.
(2) Price Changes. We may change our price by updating the new price on the pricing pages of our platform. Price changes will be effective immediately. However, price changes only influence new subscriptions. That is, if you have subscribed before the price changes and the subcription is still valid, you can still renew at the original price.
(3) Disputes and Late Payments. If you want to dispute any Fees or Taxes, please contact email@example.com within thirty (30) days after purchasing. If any amount of your Fees are past due, we have right to suspend your access to the AI services without any liability.
(4) Free Tier (if involved). You may not create more than one account to benefit from credits provided in the free tier of the AI services. If we believe you are not using the free tier in good faith, we may charge you standard fees or stop providing access to the AI services.
5. Confidentiality, Security and Data Protection
(1) Confidentiality. You may be given access to Confidential Information of WPS, its affiliates and other third parties. You may use Confidential Information only as needed to use the AI services as permitted under these Terms. You may not disclose Confidential Information to any third party, and you will protect Confidential Information in the same manner that you protect your own confidential information of a similar nature, using at least reasonable care. Confidential Information means nonpublic information that WPS or its affiliates or third parties designate as confidential or should reasonably be considered confidential under the circumstances, including software, specifications, and other nonpublic business information. Confidential Information does not include information that: (i) is or becomes generally available to the public through no fault of yours; (ii) you already possess without any confidentiality obligations when you received it under these Terms; (iii) is rightfully disclosed to you by a third party without any confidentiality obligations; or (iv) you independently developed without using Confidential Information. You may disclose Confidential Information when required by law or the valid order of a court or other governmental authority if you give reasonable prior written notice to WPS and use reasonable efforts to limit the scope of disclosure, including assisting us with challenging the disclosure requirement, in each case where possible.
(3) Security. You must implement reasonable and appropriate measures designed to help secure your access to and use of the AI services. If you discover any vulnerabilities or breaches related to your use of the AI services, you must promptly contact WPS and provide details of the vulnerability or breach.
Addendum A :
All users must comply with this Content &Usage Policy. This Policy places certain restrictions on your Content and how you use AI service. WPS reserves the right to determine whether your Content violates this Policy at its sole discretion. This Policy may be updated from time to time.
(a) Use of AI Services. You may access, and we grant you a non-exclusive right to use, the AI services in accordance with these Terms. You will comply with these Terms and all applicable laws when using the AI services. We and our affiliates own all rights, title, and interest in and to the AI services.
(b) Feedback. We appreciate feedback, comments, ideas, proposals and suggestions for improvements. If you provide any of these things, we may use it without restriction or compensation to you.
(c) Restrictions. You may not, if involved, (i) use the AI services in a way that infringes, misappropriates or violates any person’s rights; (ii) reverse assemble, reverse compile, decompile, translate or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying components of models, algorithms, and systems of the AI services (except to the extent such restrictions are contrary to applicable law); (iii) use output from the AI services to develop models that compete with WPS; (iv) except as permitted through the API, use any automated or programmatic method to extract data or output from the AI services, including scraping, web harvesting, or web data extraction; (v) represent that output from the AI services was human-generated when it is not or otherwise violate our Usage Policies; (vii) buy, sell, or transfer API keys without our prior consent.
You shall not use AI or the Content in the following scenarios, otherwise we have the right to suspend or terminate your account permanently or temporarily without notice and liability for any reason and you shall be solely responsible for all the legal consequences caused by this:
Discriminate, incite or promote discrimination against others based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry or national origin or any other basis;
Incite or promote hostility or violence;
Promote or create a risk of physical or mental harm, emotional distress, death, disability or disfigurement to yourself, any person or animal;
Promote or create a risk of harm, loss or damage to any property;
Seek to harm or exploit children;
Is harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, libellous or threatening;
Is sexually explicit or pornographic in nature or contains links to such material;
Involve the sale or promotion of illegal activities, products or services;
Is fraudulent or promote fraudulent activity;
Violate the rights of any individual or third party, including but not limited to their intellectual property and data privacy rights;
Contain any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or due to confidentiality, contractual or fiduciary duties;
Contain any information or discrimination that is false, deceptive or misleading or otherwise promote, endorse, encourage or facilitate the spread of false information;
Violate any applicable law or promote activities that are illegal in nature;
Threaten or undermine democratic processes or institutions;
Mislead anyone that the Content generated by AI is human-generated;
Provide medical advice or any content regarding the treatment, prevention, diagnosis or transmission of diseases;
Provide legal or financial advice;
Generate contracts or legally binding obligations;
Generate political content including for dissemination in electoral campaigns;
Generate source code;
Generate spam, ransomware, keyloggers, viruses or other software;
Generate nudity or shocking content including obscene gestures, bodily fluids or other profane subjects;
Generate or disseminate information to be used for the administration of justice or other legal purposes;
Implement fully-automated decision making.
Sharing & publication policy
Social media, livestreaming and demonstrations
Posting your own prompts and Content to social media is generally permissible, as is livestreaming or demonstrating AI Output to others, as long as you:
Manually review each Output before sharing or while streaming;
Attribute the content to your name or your company;
Indicate that the content is AI-generated in a way no user could reasonably miss or misunderstand;
Do not share content that violates these AI terms, or that may offend others (including when you are taking audience requests for prompts).
Content co-authored with AI
You may publish first-party written content (e.g., a book) created in part with AI under the following conditions:
The published content is attributed to your name or company;
The role of AI in formulating the content is clearly disclosed in a way that no reader could possibly miss, and that a typical reader would find sufficiently easy to understand;
The content does not violate our Content&Usage Policy or these AI Terms;
You refrain from sharing Outputs that may offend others.
For instance, you must detail in a foreword or introduction (or some place similar) the relative roles of drafting, editing, etc between you and AI. You should not represent AI-generated content as being wholly generated by you, and you must take ultimate responsibility for the content being published.